Azz's 428bh Forged Glanza V, JAE/TRAX CONTENT !!!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice build mate very nice figures :)

i love the way they are bashing the big turbo as undriveable a few pages back there is no isseu really with lag you just need to raise the rpm limit on a bigger turbo and not stick to the oem limiter of 7.2/7.5 i am sure your turbo will still be in the powerband at 8

it seams many forged builders are afraid to raise there limiter to 8.5 :( :(

i love the way they are bashing the big turbo as undriveable a few pages back there is no isseu really with lag you just need to raise the rpm limit on a bigger turbo and not stick to the oem limiter of 7.2/7.5 i am sure your turbo will still be in the powerband at 8

it seams many forged builders are afraid to raise there limiter to 8.5 :( :(

If you don't raise the rev limit, then the powerband is much smaller then that of a GTX28 based turbocharger. If the limiter is raised, then youd get the same useable powerband in terms of RPMs. However response (foot hard down to getting boost) even when within the prime rpm band will still be slower making a car feel laggy...

The second issue is the fact that Azz doesn't/didn't know what the in-depth spec of the engine was, as its TMD's old engine and of course Dave Burwash is no longer with us... Pointless pushing an engine when you do not know what the tolerances/measurments/true spec of it is... Which may be partly the reason why it lifted the head off the block at big boost...

This wants a Headstud Conversion. Known, stiffer valve springs and a higher limit. Then it will live up to the "Monster" in the title in my opinion! :)

But hey, all in good time dude! Get it ready and driveable, worry about it over winter when your not using it! Then turn it up!

Glad to see you've got it back, make it yours again, clean her up then when you've enjoyed it a bit, take it back! :)

PS, those wheels look wide!

If you don't raise the rev limit, then the powerband is much smaller then that of a GTX28 based turbocharger. If the limiter is raised, then youd get the same useable powerband in terms of RPMs. However response (foot hard down to getting boost) even when within the prime rpm band will still be slower making a car feel laggy...The second issue is the fact that Azz doesn't/didn't know what the in-depth spec of the engine was, as its TMD's old engine and of course Dave Burwash is no longer with us... Pointless pushing an engine when you do not know what the tolerances/measurments/true spec of it is... Which may be partly the reason why it lifted the head off the block at big boost...This wants a Headstud Conversion. Known, stiffer valve springs and a higher limit. Then it will live up to the "Monster" in the title in my opinion! :)But hey, all in good time dude! Get it ready and driveable, worry about it over winter when your not using it! Then turn it up!Glad to see you've got it back, make it yours again, clean her up then when you've enjoyed it a bit, take it back! :)PS, those wheels look wide!

The plans are already in motion ;)

nice build mate very nice figures :)i love the way they are bashing the big turbo as undriveable a few pages back there is no isseu really with lag you just need to raise the rpm limit on a bigger turbo and not stick to the oem limiter of 7.2/7.5 i am sure your turbo will still be in the powerband at 8it seams many forged builders are afraid to raise there limiter to 8.5 :( :(

It went to 8.3 dude but as socks mentioned I had an issue with engine internals which turned out not to be what I was told they were so I was very lucky I didn't get a worse failure

It went to 8.3 dude but as socks mentioned I had an issue with engine internals which turned out not to be what I was told they were so I was very lucky I didn't get a worse failure

What was the score with the internals?

what was not as you thought?

Phil

What was the score with the internals?

what was not as you thought?

Phil

Correct matey, most of it was there but it was a rough job really.

Main thing really was I was told it had uprated valves so we we're revving it high and after the head lifted we inspected only to find stock valves lol

• 2 weeks later...

Right well I think it's time for an update or two.......

First of all a little addition to the rear end in the form of a livesports spoiler, unfortunately the boot lid got damaged in transit so after jae I'll be swapping it over to my spare boot lid along with a couple of extra bits and then once all is complete a lightweight one will take its place

hdr_00022_1_1_zpsapzqaihu.jpg

Today was a busy day yet again, the agenda was getting the wheel to fit correctly :/

My talented friend with his arch roler came round and we got on with cutting the paint on the inner lip with a blade then heating the paintwork with a hairdryer and heat gun, persistently working back and too with the roller getting them ad flat as possible.....

We adjusted the miesters to as low as they could possibly go which now looks like this

IMG_32871733850828_zpstnp4dgop.jpeg

And then both side done and back on the ground

hdr_00027_1_zpscpcrb2dp.jpg

hdr_00026_1_zpscp6atgal.jpg

I'll be having a good drive around as she stands and then possibly taking out one of the collars on the meisters to get a little more lowssss.

She also passed her MOT today with 0 advisories which I was over the moon with ( after the mechanics had taken endless amount of pictures of the car ) haha I'm slowly but surely falling back in love with the car after all this time!

A little clean in the bay, only 30% done so far

IMG_32023732486153_zpsqheyiupx.jpeg

Feedback always welcome

Edited by Azz

What an epic build mate. Congrats. I wonder how it will be on trac mon? I thought my 5e with a td04 was too laggy for the costal and gp circuit, so much so that im looking at a new wepr gt-fs kit.

Looking forward for future updates.

It would be ok on the international circuit but you have to be in the right gear or there's no go at all haha.

Surprised you say it was to laggy, my td04 was perfect on there and my td05 wasn't far off

Who are you may I ask ??

Edited by Azz

Im no one you know really. Actually i think i have met u once at at some show at the circuit. Remember a user called lukrobz, im a mate of his. Dont get me wrong i found that it was great on the straights. But comming out of the rocket and peel is were i felt the lag most. My clutch started slipping at anything over 0.8bar on the day, think it was more to do with the fact that i had to turn the boost down which made things worse.

Im no one you know really. Actually i think i have met u once at at some show at the circuit. Remember a user called lukrobz, im a mate of his. Dont get me wrong i found that it was great on the straights. But comming out of the rocket and peel is were i felt the lag most. My clutch started slipping at anything over 0.8bar on the day, think it was more to do with the fact that i had to turn the boost down which made things worse.

Ahh sweet man I knoew who your on about, a couple of places you'll struggle unless the car is set up well enough to take them with some speed.