Mindless' Glanza Street Car build - DONE!!! (for now...)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys... @Vincent-ep91 I don't exactly know what it's called but its those thin rubber moulding that they use to line fender flares... We used it to line the whole OEM kit to give it a bit of contrast and to actually protect the body from scratching against the kit's sharp edges.

Also I've recently found a "ghetto" solution to having a sound system while still keeping the glanza lightweight. Here's what I did:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TD1zwgQj4Y

Edited by mindless

@TrisK even these TE37V's are very light. I was actually surprised at how light it was because I was expecting otherwise. You can lug one wheel around with one hand. I'd say around 4-5 kilos each

Edited by mindless

Took the Glanza to another track day this weekend. Suspension still needs a bit of tuning (and better tires) and we still need to increase the boost up a bit. But otherwise it was fun, no dramas. Drove to the track ran the event and drove right back home.

11016121_10153206232134534_6365002747226

11174251_10153206231684534_5201310101425

11111977_10206348582664309_7977040260938

Edited by mindless
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So, I really haven't found the time to update this with what's been happening with the car. Mainly because I've just been enjoying driving her daily.

And now it's actually been about a year after we built this car – so I decided to take her up to the mountains (as I've done with my previous ones) and finally take a video of her. You'll see some of the new updates I did to the car in the vid that never made it to this thread.

She's not a supercar by any stretch of the imagination – but she is quick enough. After a year of being daily driven – she's definitely far from being pristine. That said, nothing can really beat this car from being a pretty decent all-rounder. Drive it daily in city traffic, take it to the track, take it on a roadtrip. No worries. No fuss. No problem. I love this fucking car.

This was shot an hour before we headed home on an old dinky Lumix GH1 and an ancient GoPro HERO2. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dveD-Toqa6s

Edited by mindless