amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you guys!

Can anyone recommend a decent yet affordable brake set up please? Getting my brakes, 4 wheel alignment/tracking and wheels balanced next :)

I bought these from Id workz just need glanza carries mate:) here's item number mate 141519185597 great for price to be honest! Edited by Walker96

I bought these from Id workz just need glanza carries mate:) here's item number mate 141519185597 great for price to be honest!

Hey mate spot on thanks for that ill check it out now! :)

Managed to get a decent pic of it in the sun today :) also fitted my glanza s and starlet badges on the rear :)

1z4h4ip.jpg

Edited by Rich-k

Absolutely LOVE the colour man great choice! bit deeper than the LP2 i did my glanza in. Shame it never came to JAE would've loved to have a look at her in person!

When you putting a turbo lump in then? :D

Do you still have your glanza? :) thanks!

I really want to turbo it when I've got all the handling etc sorted ill start savig for the engine! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah still have it, it chewed through 2 engines and it's been sat half dead every since haha. I will resurrect it one day.

Turbo the 4efe! just run lowish boost :)

Be good too see it some day get some pics!! I will be doing something just dont know what yet when it comes to turbo lmao

Feels weird driving and not working on my car for a change lol

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys i put about 15 hours into the wet flatting of the laquer alone to get rid of any dirt nibs or orange peel i did the large areas with a wet sanding block and the narrower edges by hand bare in mind i put 3 heavy coats of laquer on my car so keep that in mind when your flatting yours back as there may not be much laquer on the panel! Also if your doing this to a lighter colour such as a white or a silver you really dont need to go to a great deal of effort with the flatting as most imperfections never show up but if you have a darker colour such as a black blue or purple you really need to be anal as it shows up everything also be prepared to repolish your car a few weeks later as it will most likely sink its just one of the cons to flatting an entire car.

But heres what i did i blocked out all orange peel and any dirt nibs with a 1500 wet or dry paper (i did this wet)

Then i went over everything with a 2000 grade this just allows for the sanding marks to buff up easier, i did this untill the panel was completely matt and no imperfections where found. Constantly dry off and check the panel to ensure you havnt burnt through especially if your new too this.

Then i started buffing with a fast cut/scratch remover compound depending on weather you have a light or a dark car will determin how many passes with the buffer you need to make you may find with a dark colour you need to make about 5 or 6 passes untill all flatting marks are gone and lighter colours usually around 3 this all depends on your skill level and how brave you are with the buffer lol some people like to use water when buffing i personally dont as its messy but its up to you remember to keep the buffer perfectly flat when buffing and use a fair bit of pressure other wise it will skip along the panel if you apply enough pressure you can let the buffer do all the work.

Try not to use the edges of the buffing head as the heat builds up and this can causev you to burn through, check after each pass and allow the panel time to cool down if needed, technique comes with practice so just get stuck in if you have a buffer with a variable speed start at a low rpm and work up.

I then used a finer anti hologram compound did about 2 passes with gets rid of any swirlys caused by heat from the buffer.

Then finally i used a really good quality wax and she shined like a mirror.

Mask up or remove any handles rubbers mirrors etc as you dont wanna mark them with your buffer :)

My fujitsubo legalis r exhaust came today! Cant wait too clean it up and put it on :) just gunna fit the center section and backbox for now :) the other bits will come in handy once shes turbod! I know the power getter is the sort after exhaust but I've always loved the fujitsubo systems and for the price it was a bargain :) also the tail pipe seems to sit on a angle which i really like :)

334ssnc.jpg

357j774.jpg

2rz7thc.jpg

My fujitsubo legalis r exhaust came today! Cant wait too clean it up and put it on :) just gunna fit the center section and backbox for now :) the other bits will come in handy once shes turbod! I know the power getter is the sort after exhaust but I've always loved the fujitsubo systems and for the price it was a bargain :) also the tail pipe seems to sit on a angle which i really like :)

334ssnc.jpg

357j774.jpg

2rz7thc.jpg

You turboing the 4efe? :) looking good anyway mate!

• 2 weeks later...