amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know lads sick of sods law haha they have stuck me in a brand new corsa for now so many trips to nandos!!

Just waiting for the assesor to hurry up out what ever the outcome its going back on the road i just want them to hurry up so i can have it back!!!

same thing happened to me mate someone run clean into the back of mine and moved the whole back slam panel forward and also twisted it.. didnt think it was a rid off so drove away at it then another t**t run up the drivers side of it in a transit and completely runied it.. gutted isnt the word! but glad to hear your able to save this unfortunately i think mines is beyond saving..

Edited by StephenBelfastSr

Thats such bad luck mate kinda thing that would happen to me! All the best dude i hope it can be sorted!

Had my assesors ring me today and I've been given the go ahead with my car now and getting paid out for it, given me a fairly decent amount for it so im pretty chuffed :)

Had my assesors ring me today and I've been given the go ahead with my car now and getting paid out for it, given me a fairly decent amount for it so im pretty chuffed :)

Excellent news! more money for mods now :thumbsup: Hurry up and get it repaired and turboed.

Got started tonight.

Took the rear bumper off no damage behind it i was so happy haha!!

Got to start on the work, heres the damage it dont take much to get your starlet written off!!

ji0qyr.jpg

24vk5fr.jpg

qy7evd.jpg

The smash had put two cracks in my bumper n stressed cracked it over half the bumper! Luckily it was mainly in the paint and not in the plastic and put two dents and a few scratches in my boot.

I plastic welded the rear bumper together and buzzed all the paint off the bumper to to make sure i hadnt missed anything.

Then filled the dents in the tail gate, and blocked out a few stone chips that happened when my rear window smashed.i got them in final skim of filler tonight ill block them down and primer them tomorrow.

Once my bumpers prepped ill reseal the splitter to the bumper when i paint it :)

2cep95j.jpg

2vry81v.jpg

It was sad sanding away all the work I've done especially seems I've not had it on the road a year yet since i painted it but im so glad its only this and not majorly bad, if it was a total loss i would have been gutted, its times like this im thankful to work in a bodyshop because id imagine a fair few starlets would get scrapped oncr written off even with only small damage like this! But she will soon be back in the road i have a few new parts to go on too :)

Edited by Rich-k

Wow! I thought it was a lot worse!do you recommend taking all glass out for painting the same colour mate? Shop I asked said they could but they don't take responsability if it breaks...

You dont need to mate really, i took mine out because i was changing the colour and there was a small bit of rust behind the glass im not taking it out this time matey

Good work buddy!

Thanks dude!!!

Got her in primer earlier this week but I've been far too busy to even start my car this week 15 hour days every day :( but i will be getting her painted tomorrow or the day after then fully polished etc then shes getting valeted and a few extra bits fitted in time for japfest :)

2z9a720.jpg

2vi2p2g.jpg

Edited by Rich-k

Can you show me how's the paint between the glass and the metal? Does it go over the rubber seal? Happy to see it alive! You know what to do now... BRAAAAAAAP SUTUTUTU

Will take pics for you matey :)