Car tax discs... As of tomorrow take em out

Aye its about time really. Only thing is none of our police cars have anpr so be a fair few people risking it down this way I think ha

Doesn't really matter. Wether your car is taxed is all on a computer. You risk being clamped/crushed/fined without tax or sorn even if the car is hidden.

Plus if you want to keep using your car up till the day its sold and that falls mid month you will loose that months tax. Plus the person buying it will pay for a full month but only get half of it as it will date to the begining of the month.

Government gets 2 months worth of tax for every sale made mid month... yet another way to screw the motorist!

Plus if you want to keep using your car up till the day its sold and that falls mid month you will loose that months tax. Plus the person buying it will pay for a full month but only get half of it as it will date to the begining of the month.

Government gets 2 months worth of tax for every sale made mid month... yet another way to screw the motorist!

^^^^ this

jeeez thats some rip of so al car sales must be done on the 1st of the month from now on to not get screwed ???

jeeez thats some rip of so al car sales must be done on the 1st of the month from now on to not get screwed ???

Thats the way i see it yes, which is fine for people with a 2nd car as the car for sale will just sit about until its sold, but the buyer will still pay for the 1st half of the month that he has no use off it. I mean surely with the tech about these days they could give you the refund in the amount of days remaining on it not the full month?

To me it seems like a money making con, just like the whole "every taxed car must be insured even if its off the road" thing its all just another way of getting money out the motorist

I taxed mine today,felt odd not getting a disc I must say.

And yes it is a bit of a pain when selling buying now I guess.was alot less hassle to buy a car with tax already on it so u didnt have to worry bout it etc. Ohh well.we dont get a say in it.lol

To be fair, the seller could EASILY tax the car before you drive off. It doesn't make selling a car difficult in the slightest. You just tax it before you drive off. Not hard with all this technology about. Okay fair enough if you're up in Scotland or somewhere with no internet but then chances are if you'r somewhere like that...there won't be anyone about to do ya!

Nah it's not that much more difficult. You just take the details needed to tax the car before you set off. And just tax it online at your earliest convenience.

Am personally looking forward to being able to pay it via direct debit and the last few cars I've went to buy weren't taxed and trying to convince them to tax if for me to take it away caused such a ball ache ha

The DD idea is quite good, except you cant tax it by DD until the 1st of November which is fuckin baws. Need to tax my corolla today aswell and cant be fucked paying for 6 months when i want rid of the thing asap.

If you have paid the tax and sell the car, the extra tax is refunded back to you in here. The new owner has responsibility to register and tax the car in 7days from the date of purchase, if he won't do it the car will be illegal.

The DD idea is quite good, except you cant tax it by DD until the 1st of November which is fuckin baws. Need to tax my corolla today aswell and cant be fucked paying for 6 months when i want rid of the thing asap.

Exact same reason here about my truck I want to do direct debit payment but tax ran out yesterday so gotta wait a month

Exact same reason here about my truck I want to do direct debit payment but tax ran out yesterday so gotta wait a month

Do you think we'll get a letter through about it ? Ive already had the reminder about it.