go forged or buy an evo?

Would you cry if you saw your starlet drive down the road away from you for good ? If not buy an Evo .....

James

If you ever consider selling it then do it, you'll only waste more money down the line to sell it for a different car anyway! Wish i did!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seriously try and get an extended test drive in one.

They may both be Jap but they're 2 completely different cars.

An Evo puts the power down ridiculously well, but after the initial; my god this is quick is over... I didn't find it as fun. Part of the fun of a Starlet is that it's a noisy tin can that goes like stink. That's the main thing I miss about my Starlets. They don't handle all that well, they're irritating as a daily drive but when the times right, there's not much thats as fun to drive, yeah the Evo would chew the starlet up on a twisty road but... It wouldn't make me smile as much.

Swings and roundabouts mate

i often debate selling up for a s14 or 15 but the problem is ive had 5 starlets now and after a month or so of not owning one i cant get the though out my head of buying another one. the amount of money ive put into mine is mental but the problem is even if i buy a S body ill just want to mod that and prices look pretty much the same as starlets if not worste.

i think if you look at modifing a car in purely terms of money you really shouldnt be modifing your to car to any great degree. i spend pretty much all my money on my cars and loads of local people bang on about how i have to much money but some of these people are still staying at home so have no bills to pay so likely have far more spending money that i do a month but they all drink alot,smoke or take some form of drugs. were as i very rarely go out drinking or do any of the others so to me the money i spend on my car is actualy going to a far better use as i have something to show for it.

if i were you and you have the finances to finish the car i would get it finished and enjoy it and then can always save for an evo after. you could finish the starlet and think aye this is shite but atleast then you can sell up and buy an evo with peace of mind than buying an evo now and wondering what your starlet would have been like

Wow really wasn't expecting so much Input, thanks guys, think I've got a lot more fun to be had from the Glanza thoo, an I couldn't see her go,not at the minute anyway, think I will keep her for a few year, go forged an have my fun out of it, an then possibly go for an evo, id hate to look back 6 months later an regret selling

Evo. As said above just so much more capable, get the right one and they're no problem at 400bhp.

They feel much more solid and obviously less go kart like but can still scare the shit out of you!

I certainly don't miss the glanza compared to the evo.

You can have around 500 more miles of fun just off saving on tax cost a year never mind the mpg or parts. I'm getting the itch for a supra but holding back for those very reasons and the work gone into the V. Just get what you want when a car becomes money it takes the drive away.

All depends on what you prefer. I've sent at least 10K if not more on my starlet and don't even have a working engine! But i wouldn't swap it! Can drive around and see an Evo every hour, but you wont see another starlet!

All depends on what you prefer. I've sent at least 10K if not more on my starlet and don't even have a working engine! But i wouldn't swap it! Can drive around and see an Evo every hour, but you wont see another starlet!

Unless you go to japfest

Edited by Ollieh17

All depends what Evo you want as prices are going up. Anything up to 400/400 is considered safer depending on model and mapping as normal. MPG is low 20's and down with servicing every 4k or so. Plenty of dogs out there and niggles with each model. Lancer register is your best bet for when looking to buy and all information.

Would be a shame not to fully forge the v as they are great fun. Least you can say you have done that and buy an Evo later on.

My mate's got an Evo 5

DC30F344-8019-4271-AD86-F9CB7E928BFE_zps

Absolutely lovely cars. Great fun to be in. They take lots of stick. Are fast stock, like his.

But they are SO HEAVY on money. This thing hermages money like no tomorrow. He wishes it were cheap.

That Starlet and the evo have put each other through their paces, with a cheeky peak boost timing from the TD04 stock internals starlet, it won.

Even when the Starlet didn't cheat on boost lag, it wasn't far behind. 200 bhp Starlet.

In terms of what's a nicer car, well the evo. And standard they're quick, and can actually put the power down, which is nice.

But they are so expensive.