• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why you going fhe pistons ryan ?

urmm im not entirely sure what pistons ill be using yet, gotta get some specs on them 1st so i can work some things out 1st but just keeping my options open :) any suggestions? is the FHE the high compression engine? i tried to look up the stats on auto data but the sera never came up, i know the engine is used in another toyota car but i couldnt for the life of me think what it was lol

Yes you have!!! i need them oil cooler nut things that u FAILED to get off!! might ask Ryan he's a real mechanic haha

LOL not yet mate not yet ;)

Glad she pass mate for you

cheers man, best of luck dude, im sure it will fly through :(

Awesome news dude :)

Nice to see some n/a plans happenin :D '

Joz

cheers man :( hopefully i can finally get a job to actually carry out the plans :)

Yes you have!!! i need them oil cooler nut things that u FAILED to get off!! might ask Ryan he's a real mechanic haha

STFU Burny!!!

I managed to take my engine out with that little box of tools with NO problem!! One poxy bolt rounding on the oil filter relocator housing isnt my fault, your such an awkward cennttt :)

have been talking to a few 5efhe users in the R.O.I aqnd the seem to put 4efe pistons on the fhe rods to get higher compression

ahh thats interesting :) do you have the specs of the 5efhe? like stroke, bore clearance volume and swept volume n how raised the pistons are. because i know the block on the 5e is 10mm taller than the 4e block isnt it?

have the specs somewhere will try to find them now, yes the 5e has a taller block think its about 10mm like you said, but the rod longer rod makes up for the diffrence so a 4e piston will work fine and would bring the comp ratio to 10.3/5 to 1 which is quite high.

ahh okay cheers mate, i wouldnt be able to use the longer rod in the 4e then. ive got all the specs on the 4e and 4efte so ill sit down with them and the 5e specs and see what i can work out. is that why your getting custom pistons?