Nanglebadgers work in progress

weejohn and i tried it for like half a mile to ensure she'd run, which she did.

but i anit fitting it until the K1 is back on, that way Jay can get the wideband on and we'll take her on a good drive to ensure everything is A-OK! i've waited this long i can wait another week and a half.

hopefully be worth it.

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mega, thanks for those sir!!!

she's behaving pretty good right now, still leaking from the sump tho.

she'll be laid up most of this week as the mrs is driving to work, but we will see you nice and early on sunday for a long day of Blitz and boost orientated activities!

Phil.

Update

Blitz.

That is all.

ok a little more...since i love this place!

K1 with ported mani and HKS actuator now reinstalled and Blitz Access ECU fitted.

so many revs. where did those come from! bit disconcerting at first, you go to shift in your usual spot...yet the car continues to pull and pull...and neither of my tachos go above 8k...lul. so much fun.

obviously it'll take the ECU a few days to settle itself in, but boost adjusted up through the gears on the first run, then on the second run she ran 0.9 bar in EVERY gear which she never used to.

its just class. i literally caught myself grinning on the way home.

as always a massive thanks to Jay!

sump is still weeping but Jay believes he now knows why so a remedy is currently being sought, nout major tbh. should be an easy fix.

next up - think its time i got some more of these gauges plumbed in!!!! time to consult weejohn i thinkz!

Phil.

I sing about plug and plays all the time. get loads of people saying there not as good as emanage etc but i honestly believe for a smaller turbo setup these are the way to go

glad your enjoying her good work phil/jay/all involved :lol:

cheers folks.

she was a lot of fun on the way home. she'll probably not turn a wheel until the end of the week again but i'll be looking forward to it!!!!

very pleased with how this complimented the K1.

big thanks to WeeJohn for the bargain deal and his patience and understanding.

And a note to any would-be fitters of an EP82 aftermarket ECU to an EP91 - they dont fit. the glove box fouls them quite significantly due to the thickness of the ECU, so be preparted to hack away parts of your glove box and have to close it with two hands from then on.

Phil.

thanks Raffi.

those wheels definately suit an EP91 more than a GT as Jay noted yesterday. he currently has them fitted to a silver V. now, silver wouldnt be my favorite colour in them if im truthfully honest, but there is something striking about the combo of those gold speedies on a silver V! i couldnt stop looking at it!

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good mate, im liking the spec bet its nice and responsive.

You said you dont want it off the road anymore but in my opinion if your wanting to run the k1 near 1 bar it wont be long until the wastegate cracks and you cant swap the hot side with a ct9 as far as i can remeber. Just a lil something to take into concideration for the future :)

tbh tho, Alan was running this thing at over a bar for ages, including on the strip with NOS, and it came from Japan having been tracked, when we fitted it she had about 5 cracks in her already, and when he had it apart recently, it had got absolutely no worse. like, not even a little. my theory is that, compared to her previous owners, i'm not pushing her, or even remotely giving her a hard time, and at 0.9 bar of boost (which she doesn't see too often as she doesn't need the taps totally open all the time) with the ECU monitoring everything, tbh what im giving her shouldnt really be stressing her too much.

fingers crossed lol

Phil.