• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! She's dynoed!

The report is in finnish sorry about that but I guess you can figure out which means what. :D

glanza_dyno.jpg

First I was a bit disappointed as I expected more like 170-180hp but after thinking how fast it feels now and the fact that I can still get like 40-50hp more with the stock internals... :D NEEDS MOAR POWER. 190Nm of torque is quite pleasing though. :) Full boost kicks in around 2500rpm and holds really nice and steady until the end. Torque peaks around 5k and power around 6500rpm.

I guess the ported stock mani restricts the setup most, so I'll be getting a new manifold and propably even upgraded turbo at some point (by the next summer if not sooner)! :p I'll have to see through the options.I'd like to try something different than the usual TD04, although that's cheap and still quite powerful option.

Does anyone know how well jam ecu works with different turbos than ct9 and td04? I've heard lots of good about holset turbos. Anyone used them on starlets? Are they too big for 4E?

Fully love this, one of my fav ep's!

Love how simple it is, a lot of people dis-regard simplicity.

Can you PM me the colour code of the wheels please mate? I'm contemplating something, possibly :).

Great job though, love it.

Big words mate! :D That's awesome, thanks so much. I'll PM the code for you. :)

Thanks! Yeah you're right, and I think it drives well. :) Tbh, I don't get how you guys with 200+ hp manage to get any traction as even mine has major trouble on first gear. :D I have to learn how to take a quick takeoff.

Got some street cred the other day from bmw X5 driver and hyundai suv driver when I was boosting on a motor way. :D Both gave me thumbs up lol.

Thanks! Yeah you're right, and I think it drives well. :) Tbh, I don't get how you guys with 200+ hp manage to get any traction as even mine has major trouble on first gear. :D I have to learn how to take a quick takeoff.

Got some street cred the other day from bmw X5 driver and hyundai suv driver when I was boosting on a motor way. :D Both gave me thumbs up lol.

Traction with Difficulty but LSD works wonders but will spin up in first 3 in the dry and all 5 in the wet!!!! :D

Good result really! Sound real nice too.

Get rid of that stock efi pipe, they are very restrictive!! I found that was the best upgrade to doo for feel of power gain

Ill put on another vid of the dyno session soon. Love the sounds too! I was going to leave the EFI pipe out but I had no choise as I wanted to use my apexi filter. I can't front mount it as I want to keep my AC. If I upgrade my turbo I will sort it out. :) The manifold might be one of the biggest issues I have right now as it's only a ported stock one...

I get wheel spin on the 3rd on wet but it grips well in 2nd on dry, unless steering at the same time. I want OEM LSD box but getting one over here to finland seems quite expensive. :D Maybe I'll have to take a road trip to next years japfest with my glanza and pick a box? :D

• 1 month later...

No I didn't unfortunately. :( Event itself was awesome! Everyone who has a chance to attend this should go.

Only other starlet I saw was a very loud KP61 with crazy wide bodykit, real track credibility right there! :D

I spoke to a few norwegian people and they were really excited about glanzas as it's apparently almost impossible to get one registered in norway. Too bad Erik your starlet didn't make it there!

• 2 months later...

Awlrite, active weekend has passed and got some photos now.

Introducing my new winter hatch! :D

starlet1.jpg

starlet2.jpg

starlet3.jpg

starlet4.jpg

It's completely stock and original NA -98, in dark green colour with 237k kms on the clock. MOT'd last month so can drive it like that almost a year!

Last saturday did the timing belt, all the other belts, oil and filter change and coolant change. Runs like new right now and am really happy with it! Two starlets, so cool! :crazy:

Only two faults atm are a cracked windscreen (from the bottom side, doesn't bother in MOT) and some rust on right rear fender.

Have some plans for it already. Propably get my old Eibach springs back from my old NA, swap my OEM black glanza seats in and some other stuff. Let's see if I even make a new thread for it to the NA section.

8)

Aaand a bonus pic of my glanza at our garage, our crazy California import R5 LeCar at the background. :D

glanza_garage.jpg

Edited by whitestar