Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decision time. They don't make a very good tuned daily with your set up. Rob H ran his daily on low boost and rev limited. Only way they last. Get a daily or break it as it will pissed you off! To the point you hate it. If I could sell mine complete it would be gone tomorrow but no one is willing to pay for a complete car a decent price.

John

Decision time. They don't make a very good tuned daily with your set up. Rob H ran his daily on low boost and rev limited. Only way they last. Get a daily or break it as it will pissed you off! To the point you hate it. If I could sell mine complete it would be gone tomorrow but no one is willing to pay for a complete car a decent price.

John

I get where your coming from here john but also I think there are some out there that will pay! Look at Connors white V for example. That has been sold to a member on here for good money!

I get where your coming from here john but also I think there are some out there that will pay! Look at Connors white V for example. That has been sold to a member on here for good money!

Yeah but that white V is in a different league!

Get a daily, the only way it's ever going to work

I'll look into a daily when funds allow the glanza has wanted so much of my hard earned lately I'm skint lol. ill have to look into insurance ect for a second car. your right John I currently hate it so much I won't break it as people want something for nothing and mess you around constantly.

Mine is a daily at 300bhp and the exact same setup as you! I agree with john 100% I drive mine around on low boost everywhere, it's plenty of fun and with my driving style it very rarely ever sees over 5k rpm. Stick at it though mate, you won't regret it. Hope it all goes together for you either way :)

Edited by Sefton-EP91

Mine is running 257@ the wheels as a daily done colse to 40k now 30k at 230 wheel and the rest at 257 only prob I have had upto now was water in a coil after washing the engine lol it is getting it quite easy now tho as I use the glanzif more as a daily and that thing is awesome fun thrash it to death and it loves it! Stands me at 200 quid and and 150 a year insurance!

Spoke to a friend of mine today who is making me an oilcooler with an line thermostat as I can't use a filter sandwich plate because of the turbo position. All the parts for that are in so shouldnt be long till I get that another thing ticked off the list :)

Edited by akyakapotter

Turbo arrived today. Tuning Developments and the turbo builder they used kindly split the bill between them which I am over the moon with. Can't ask for better customer service. It's a shame it's raining today as I wanted to get it fitted. If the weather let's me I will get it back on later. :)

Edited by akyakapotter

Cooler looks awesome, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that lot cost you? Been looking for a cooler as I'm looking to do a few track days once I have an LSD. PM if you want mate! :) keep up the good work mate and glad to hear it's still going!

Got the cooler mounted up and relocation kit mounted up under the front drivers wheel behind the plastic inner arch over the weekend. Got stressed out trying to work out how to plumb it in so gave up and went for a drive over dartmoor. car preformed really well gave me a little more faith in it. will give the oil cooler another bash on my next 4 days off :)

Got my self some new gauges so i can keep an eye on things. The prosprot oil pressure will be getting replaced to suit the new ones. just waiting on sensor adapters to fit the sensors then thats another job done.

just got to plumb in the oil cooler then its ready for japfest 2.

post-8483-0-51714200-1438774728_thumb.jp

Edited by akyakapotter
  • akyakapotter changed the title to Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V