Petition to stop massacre in Palestine

Your right about the petition ollieh maybe it won't make a change but I dont think that the guy who started the thread wanted an argument just a signature lol however Ithink everyone has the right to an opinion personally I find it interesting to see what other people think ect ive been there and seemyit first hand not on sky news lol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest its a religious fight just like most other wars, we don't like you, you don't like us type of war

this hits it on the head really. religion becomes the source of warmongering bullshit in the end, wherever you look. theres nothing you can do to end shit like this, itlle just spark up again and again as people are shit to each other in bigger and more aggressive ways. vice on youtube covers this sort of thing regularly, you can see its not gonna end pretty clearly from the footage.

Edited by Chops

Good man ollieh you never know mate lol am not to sure about that one you know chops I rekon if it was christians or buddists for that sake and the land was being taken over it would be the same more about land then anything just happens to be muslims who own it

if you really want peace around the world, build a time machine go back in time and destroy religion.. no religion no bullshit concept of this is how god wants this to be done, etc, remember them bibles were writing by man...

This

if you really want peace around the world, build a time machine go back in time and destroy religion.. no religion no bullshit concept of this is how god wants this to be done, etc, remember them bibles were writing by man...

Man is happy to kill man without any need to believe anything.

Unfortunately removing religion wouldn't make man any better.

For example, just now the BBC view on this subject is that Hamas are firing rockets constantly just now (despite the returning bombardment) because they need their Fatah brothers to find them further financial support.

financial support would be the one argreement required to stopped the rockets, money = peace.

with iran and egypt shunning Hamas as terrorists after changes in leadership they are lacking about 20million per month they are used to receiving.

this particular situation like most others will have its underlying origin in greed of money or power. the religious slur defines the rocket/bomb targets but nothing more.

Phil

Edited by Philm

War war war war war war war war war war war. religion, money, land, fue, greed.. this is the world we live in chaps. And as long as these things exist.. war will be apparent. Or atleast fighting will be.

this^

"The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish."

Edited by redz11

hopefully none of our brave lads will be sent over there...its a death trap for whoever goes...i don't really care if one side has more bombs than the other, fact is they are firing on each other you've said it yourself thread starter.

all the middle eastern countries have this problem always opening fire on each other it will never stop so just let them sort themselves out it ay for us to wipe their bums and tell them off, oh and lose a good few of our young troops in the process id be saying hell no if i was a politician.

Umm err I dunno what to say...

This possibly is the reason I don't read the news or listen to the radio. I'm not bothered about other countries as the one I live in is a fucking mess as it is with all the bloody immigrants and people that can't work due to having to many kids and that can do better on the dole.

What's going on over there is something that we can't sort out and that's all I can say

Umm err I dunno what to say...

This possibly is the reason I don't read the news or listen to the radio. I'm not bothered about other countries as the one I live in is a fucking mess as it is with all the bloody immigrants and people that can't work due to having to many kids and that can do better on the dole.

What's going on over there is something that we can't sort out and that's all I can say

Im also siding with marc moss's point here. though i do listen to coverage of problems overseas, we have a massive mess to deal with right here that seems to be discussed endlessly and never acted on. pisses me off.

Extract taken from an interview with a human rights activist:

"Any occupied population has the right to self defense. Terrorism as defined by the US legal code is any act conducted to coerce a civilian population to change its government. This is exactly what the Israeli government is doing according to the US legal definition.

It is beyond time for the peoples of the world to demand of their respective governments that sanctions be placed on the state of Israel for its criminal actions against the besieged populations in Gaza as well as in the West Bank. It is beyond time for us to rise up and to call for real justice."

Regarding the statements a few people made about the rocket fire from Gaza:

"However let us put this into context – Palestinians in Gaza would not be provoking the occupier because the mere fact that there is an occupation and there is constant siege on the Palestinians in Gaza means that any action from the Palestinians in Gaza is a response and not a provocation."

"Let’s make sure that the entire region is free of weapons; let’s make sure that we live without racism, with equality. Let’s lift the siege on Gaza. Let’s end apartheid in the land of Palestine. Let’s end apartheid within Israel. Let us support the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions movement."

Edited by Amjad

you've missed the point of some of the people on here a bit ali-legend. its not that anyone here is ok with whats happening, its that there's no easy way to deal with it, and perhaps what little money we have is better spent dealing with more easily solvable problems closer to home.

There was WW2 2.5% of the worlds population died. over 6 million of them jews.

Because of the Holocaust the winners(Allies) of the war made Israel a permanent state.

Seems fair enough to me, i would have let the remaining jews live in Britain/France if they had wanted.

But the Israel Palestine issue goes much further back than the modern State of Israel.

in the year 70, there was more Jews in Palestine than there was arabs.

the back and forth has been constant.

the Jews were historically sided by the western and christian nations who respect the nation of Israel

Phil

Whoever was responsible for the killing of 4 innocent children playing on a beach in Israel deserve to be punished for war crimes or put to death. Just sickening.

The BBC and others are always portraying a very bias opinion of the Israel / Palestine conflict, and if we / USA got involved, it's likely to be against Palestine's favour and more unnecessary deaths will be caused. Add to the problems still going on in Syria, Iraq and everywhere else, where does it end? Fucking idiots need to just wake up and realise we're all on the same planet and just get along.

Edited by Arnold

I don't think OP was suggesting military intervention to be the solution here. Trade sanctions such as the ones so readily imposed on Iran would be the first step to show condemnation of the murder of innocent civilians in the region.

trade sanctions wont stop the money that props up the terrorists running Gaza though.

20million a month from iran and other anti semitic arab countries.

Since random propaganda pictures were posted above heres is alittle from the other viewpoint.

genocide-ad-13.jpg

Mind you, Nelson Madela/Gandhi/Einstien had alot more to say about Israel.

i largely agree with Gandhi take on it (in the fuller sense not that isolated snippet.

Phil

Just FYI guys, there is no record of Einstein having said that quote. In fact, it's extremely unlikely that he said it. He was a pacifist but also a revolutionary. Before the creation of Israel, he was critical as to whether or not they should have a nation proper. But once it was decided by the powers that be, he supported it. Here is something he said (well was going to say in a speech that never aired) about the Arab-Israeli conflict:

einstein_on_israel.png

Edited by seth

I seem to have quite a few friends on both sides of this argument so a lot of its poping up on my news feed which makes it look like a meme thread from splitter scuffers. With a pile of random pictures with some random facts/quotes stuck on that no one can actualy prove.

Pretty much the exact same thing is happening in Ukraine right now but because it's not fueled so much by religion there's far fewer westerns kicking off about it.

Id like to think signing An e petition would stop the death in both these locations but in all honesty I wouldn't want to then send in our troops to be killed for someone else's fight. These fights are fueled by hatred and passion. All they can do is trade sanctions which are useless. And to be honest I reakon if the uk did get involves it would be on Israelis side