• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any updates on this matt?

james

Waiting on my turbo to arrive from USA at the moment to start fabrication on the turbo kit :)

I think its great doing something different and great engineering. What are you planning on using it for? Surely its only going to work as a dragger?

Id be concerned it'll handle like a sack with all the added weight over the front end? Done anything to counter that?

Pretty sure an FTE comes in at about 80 without the box, 2zz is about 115kg irrc and the box is defo going to weigh more on that too. Be interesting too see how it handles either way.

The 2zz-ge is lighter then a 4efte. Mainly because the 2zzge is an alloy block with cast iron liners. The 4efte is a complete cast iron bottom end.

The E153 MR2 gearbox is heavier then the C52 though. The setup is very similar in total weight. Certainly nothing that can not be countered with a decent setup.

If i'd have used a 3s-gte engine. Then it would have been VERY heavy at the front!

:)

Yea 3S weights a ton. What have you got the weights for an fte and 2zz at then?

http://web.archive.org/web/20071015163901/http://rmf.fi/m_p_ja_m.htm

When I picked them up :) lol Its a very accurate measurement :) lol

Trust me! :D

Na in all seriousness. I did some forum digging and got the weights... There wasn't much in it but the 2zz was lighter...

Especially when you remove all the shit from the 4e-fte and 2zz-ge that wasn't needed. PAS Pump, AC Pump, Secondary Air Induction Loop System. etc

Yes same engine that comes out the Celica & Corolla T Sport and the Lotus Elise/Exige

Waiting on my turbo to arrive from USA at the moment to start fabrication on the turbo kit :)

The 2zz-ge is lighter then a 4efte. Mainly because the 2zzge is an alloy block with cast iron liners. The 4efte is a complete cast iron bottom end.

The E153 MR2 gearbox is heavier then the C52 though. The setup is very similar in total weight. Certainly nothing that can not be countered with a decent setup.

If i'd have used a 3s-gte engine. Then it would have been VERY heavy at the front!

:)

2ZZ liners use MMC (Metal Matrix Composite), very hard to machine unless you have the right tooling. What are you doing about lift? Keeping it at 6200 or lowering the crossover point? A set of Stage 3 MWR cams might help your spool times too.

Day

2ZZ liners use MMC (Metal Matrix Composite), very hard to machine unless you have the right tooling. What are you doing about lift? Keeping it at 6200 or lowering the crossover point? A set of Stage 3 MWR cams might help your spool times too.

Day

Engine is going in unopened in stock trim first...

Ill build an engine eventually. We can play with lift points and such when being tuned...

The major problem imo owning a TS daily. Is the gear ratios don't suit the power band (lifted area). Compared to an ep3... The ep3 is much easier to keep in the lift zone!

See how the MR2 gear ratios fair!

Engine is going in unopened in stock trim first...

Ill build an engine eventually. We can play with lift points and such when being tuned...

The major problem imo owning a TS daily. Is the gear ratios don't suit the power band (lifted area). Compared to an ep3... The ep3 is much easier to keep in the lift zone!

See how the MR2 gear ratios fair!

Definitely gonna be interesting to watch. And I know the feeling, the ratios just dont match up to what the engine wants to do, as for 6th gear, it may aswell not even have it lol. This car is the only one thats made me consider an auto lol.

Day

jesus nice turbo . sometimes when i look at socks thread i ask myself is this guy insane or high on cocaine lol because this car has some insane setups i bet if you don't open the hood and somebody just sits in it and you kick that engine in . they would scream to get out because this is a true pocket ROCKET haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers Chaps!

Nice! What model is it? 5 series?

Yes Mr Doyle. Its a 5858 based custom spec... :)

Well for those who dont use facebook!

post-2707-0-99729000-1421927463_thumb.jp

Sweet, RaceDash2 :) Lovely Jubely!

Meaning this Dash & my Apexi AVC-R are going to be the only electronics needed, no more gauges all over the shop!

Also ordered the ECU, which is going to be a DTA S80 Pro.

There taking measurements for driveshafts as we speak then, end of next week, its fabrication time :p. The Best Bit! :D

Turbo Kit, Intercooler, Rad. etc

Excited Much!

Cheers Chaps...

@Colin - There not mate, I work VERY hard :) lol

@Rob - The ease of being able to pull boost out of each gear, or add it back in, to adjust for tyre size/weather conditions. etc without the need of a laptop mainly :)

For those of you who cant put that turbo size into perspective... :)

post-2707-0-39673400-1422294266_thumb.jp

Will be roughly there also...