redz11s, 6 speed TOMs/Doobie kitted, Blitz k24 powered GT Turbo!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

She had a clean, the rays are back on, going to get the rear spats fitted soon haha, I keep saying that.. I need to buy a decent jubilee/intercooler clamp, I keep blowing the hotpipe return to the intercooler off -.- also I think my adjustable actuator has given up.. set to hit .7 bar, it goes up to 1bar.. Im unsure what I want to do with the GT now

dscf2227s.jpg
dscf2224lc.jpg
dscf2230i.jpg
dscf2231z.jpg

^^^ really sexy car that!

cheers josh :D Im missing a decent front bumper now/lip (would love the same front as your old GT ;) )

Looking good Lee! If an actuator was letting go wouldn't it not hold as much boost? Or is it sticking?

Im not too sure, Ive always been told/believed the actuator wouldnt allow it to boost past whatever it was wound to (128mm is .7/8 isnt it on hks actuator?) but on my boost gauge im going over a bar... which isnt good on a standard exhaust manifold :s

Externally Gated Turbo Setup will solve your boost issues!

Screamer noise u will love too!

Looking bang tidy Redz! Keep it up mate!

cheers matt :D I was looking at going externally gated, when I finally get my money sorted to get a decent exhaust manifold, currently on the standard and its definatly not good hitting 1 bar on it :(* Yeah ive always wanted a screamer since ive heard it on cheshs when he was running td04 sounded immense, my neigbours will love me when Ive got early starts lol.

Are you still on a stock CT9, or is it ported etc?

Still the standard stock ct9 bud, possibly hybrid or td04 next I think dependant on funds

Edited by redz11
  • 1 month later...

Did a few tidy up bits on the GT yestarday...

Sprayed the wiper arms, were looking abit tired.. also changed my handbrake lever/grip..

spot the difference;
img04201d.jpg
img20130421125024.jpg

wiper arms, looking abit rusty.
img20130420124125.jpg
img20130421125003.jpg

also fitted this little indic8tor gadget I got for a 5er, displays my speed and any speedcamera near me and alert me if im going too fast :) will get some pics of it later

im still yet to fit my spats -.- being lazy, they`ll be on before japfest.

Managed to fit the handbrake I gave you then.

Looking good lee, still wish I'd have kept it.

Expecting to get caught short as well?

Edited by lukEp

Managed to fit the handbrake I gave you then.

Looking good lee, still wish I'd have kept it.

Expecting to get caught short as well?

It took me long enough, I was about to remove the whole thing, but didnt have time/effort to remove the exhaust to get underneath the car lol.

Shes not feeling 100% though feels sluggish on boost, needs a good service and a new fuel filter & distributor seal, as its still leaking :( yer gunna be a gamble getting to japfest, but ill be there :)

TOMs Rear spats fitted :D

also think ive sorted my oil leak out, had the dizzy off and the seal wasnt on properly and the dizzy cap wasnt secured on well, was quite loose, all back together and seems to be running fine :)

img20130423170708.jpg
img20130423170953.jpg

bit of blue smoke every now and again, suspected new turbo may be required at a later date :p

• 1 month later...

Was abit silly recently and got caught speeding, time to tone my speed down on the roads.. theres a time & a place, its called the track.

Been contemplating selling/swapping/breaking, but I couldnt decide what to do, plus it would be effort to break her, So for now im keeping her :)

Finally got around to fitting my relocation kit.... my old air filter wouldnt fit so had to wait for this new one, I think it looks pretty sweet :)

I need a front splitter... anyone got a cheap livesports or laguna splitter?

img20130524121721.jpg

img20130524121929.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

Bottom end went on her yestarday... close to breaking her... no idea how im getting work on friday lol...

Don't be a massive cheb, tis too clean to break it!

Is the engine stock from the factory? Has it been opened and modified in any way?