^^^^^ agree I paid top dolla at the time when I brought mine standard 6 years ago because of its condition body wise paint wise etc and would pay top dolla again for a good example

The old phrase is by cheap by twice , by a shed n it is a shed more hassle more problems

Edited by pick1
  • Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear thought I might get responses like this. Look guys at the end of the day it's a lot of cash for what it is. And actually I'm very well sorted with my knowledge of all toyotas especially starlets thanks as I used to own one!! But I came here looking to dabble with them again and I can't find a decent one that is a reasonable price for both parties.

I sold my celica for just under 6k and it was a weapon and extremely clean. I can afford the asking prices of all the starlets I've looked at but walked away because of their poor condition be it body work or tatty engine bays and rubbish interior. Id pay what ever something is worth at the end of the day. I am a massive Toyota fan and have only ever owned one other make of car which was an Impreza gb270 number 1 of 100 ever made which I sold for 12k!

Honestly can't believe how personal everyone gets on here I'm entitled to my opinion and know quite a few other lads that came back here trying to get another starlet but gave up. My surname is pike ha ha but guess I leave myself open to 'witty' comments like those with my screen name- you are welcome to come and see me at the next jap fest if you still feel you need to cry about things.

Clean and problem free? Is hasn't got an engine, box, full loom and needs a full re spray! At the end of the day I CAN see the potential in it but not for that price. We all want to get a decent price for what we own of course we do but come on really....?

its only alot of money if u cany afford it.

your actually pissin me off now. never mind your celica bein a weapon, your a fuckin weapon.

this car wud utterly obliterate a whole host of cars if u wer to throw 6k at it.

do i honestly need to list things to buy for this up to the 6k mark to show u what kinda machine ud have?

go away, do your homework, come back, apologise for bein a fud n wel move on.

mongo.jpg

Why do people think I can't afford it? And This is the rant section! Where you are actually ment to be allowed to rant! If I put 6k into that ep95 on top of paying 3500 for it and put 6k plus the difference I'd save on the celica then that starlet would touch it for dust. And I could list a hell of a lot of 2nd hand cars that would. I do agree that buy cheap buy twice I get it but that's not what this is about.

I've tried to be nice about things but you're actually fucking pissing me off now!! It's my opinion, I havnt bitched on his for sale thread and actually said good luck with the sale. Fucks me off that everyone has to get so personal and abusive. And you're implying I don't know shit about cars by telling me to go do my home work, it's a joke.

Pikey I understand your opinion and everyone is entitled to an opinion even on this forum lol but understand to most of these guys on here the evo's are the shit and they have been in the scene non stop for many years and can sometimes take comments towards the ep's as kinda personal aswel dude

Oh dear thought I might get responses like this. Look guys at the end of the day it's a lot of cash for what it is. And actually I'm very well sorted with my knowledge of all toyotas especially starlets thanks as I used to own one!! But I came here looking to dabble with them again and I can't find a decent one that is a reasonable price for both parties.

I sold my celica for just under 6k and it was a weapon and extremely clean. I can afford the asking prices of all the starlets I've looked at but walked away because of their poor condition be it body work or tatty engine bays and rubbish interior. Id pay what ever something is worth at the end of the day. I am a massive Toyota fan and have only ever owned one other make of car which was an Impreza gb270 number 1 of 100 ever made which I sold for 12k!

Honestly can't believe how personal everyone gets on here I'm entitled to my opinion and know quite a few other lads that came back here trying to get another starlet but gave up. My surname is pike ha ha but guess I leave myself open to 'witty' comments like those with my screen name- you are welcome to come and see me at the next jap fest if you still feel you need to cry about things.

Clean and problem free? Is hasn't got an engine, box, full loom and needs a full re spray! At the end of the day I CAN see the potential in it but not for that price. We all want to get a decent price for what we own of course we do but come on really....?

I agree :)

It is a rare sight you can pick one up that's been very well looked after at the moment or modded to a very poor standard. I'm in the process of re-furbishing mine which should see a good chuck of money chucked its way but not got any engine stuff planned yet. I think mines the most powerful stock boost running EP in the UK, quite like the rarity of having the original bits under the engine bay :)

I'd just keep hunting around, one will turn up :)

Why do people think I can't afford it? And This is the rant section! Where you are actually ment to be allowed to rant! If I put 6k into that ep95 on top of paying 3500 for it and put 6k plus the difference I'd save on the celica then that starlet would touch it for dust. And I could list a hell of a lot of 2nd hand cars that would. I do agree that buy cheap buy twice I get it but that's not what this is about.

I've tried to be nice about things but you're actually fucking pissing me off now!! It's my opinion, I havnt bitched on his for sale thread and actually said good luck with the sale. Fucks me off that everyone has to get so personal and abusive. And you're implying I don't know shit about cars by telling me to go do my home work, it's a joke.

THINK....shauns 4paw with 400bhp,fully stripped.....not much will touch it.

and stop your whinin, its a rant section and I've shared my opinion on your opinion.

DEAL WAE IT.

language Timothy!

Lmao shows the lack of research and knowledge the 4wd box has the transfer case attached so of course the box is in there as if it wernt it wouldnt be a 4wd starlet any more!

And as above id love to see a heavy weight like a celica take on my 4wd track starlet, its not long off being back and running so buy back your celica and come to track next year :) people like you fuck me right off!! You have never driven a 4wd starlet so havnt a clue how good or not they are so where do you get off commenting on the price of a car you havnt driven? Would be like me slating your 12k gb what ever as i havnt driven it so slating a car you have never driven makes you look stupid to those who actually know what they are talking about!

And just for the record I've driven a good few other scoobys and most are wank! So im gonna take a punt at making the assumption that other than some mild tune and body work your no1 off 100 is just as shit. And fyi there are around 11 4wd starlets in the uk so pisses on the rare factor of your 100 gb whatever the fuck they are.

Edited by shorty

Lmao shows the lack of research and knowledge the 4wd box has the transfer case attached so of course the box is in there as if it wernt it wouldnt be a 4wd starlet any more!

And as above id love to see a heavy weight like a celica take on my 4wd track starlet, its not long off being back and running so buy back your celica and come to track next year :) people like you fuck me right off!! You have never driven a 4wd starlet so havnt a clue how good or not they are so where do you get off commenting on the price of a car you havnt driven? Would be like me slating your 12k gb what ever as i havnt driven it so slating a car you have never driven makes you look stupid to those who actually know what they are talking about!

And just for the record I've driven a good few other scoobys and most are wank! So im gonna take a punt at making the assumption that other than some mild tune and body work your no1 off 100 is just as shit. And fyi there are around 11 4wd starlets in the uk so pisses on the rare factor of your 100 gb whatever the fuck they are.

me n u need to hang out, we'd get on well a reckon shorty lol

For the money, buy you could buy an evo2-3 for 1.5-2.5k theres a LOT more potential in one of them than any starlet im sorry but its true, better chassis are far far superior 4wd system more tuning options etc etc. 3.5-4.5k thrown into an evo goes a long way in improvements too!

I understand why people go mad for them as its a massive difference to a normal ep, but i know what a subaru justy handles like which uses the same 4wd system and even has fully indepentant suspension and with fully adjustable everything fully setup on a 4 wheel lazer alignment bed Running r888's Is near as makes no difference to a stock evo 6 tommy mak edition on some normal road tyres around a track. 260 vs 320hp

Im sorry but if you include money made from parts sold from the 95 as well then its probably getting towards 4-4.5k aswell?

Seriously someone drop me 4k and ill let you drive away a one off road legal (in the uk) 4age ep91. Ill put money on it being rarer :p

Morgey all I see from you is justy turbo lol, why the heck don't you buy one!!! :p

Your right with the evo's, but the ep*5's are just so rare, I'd prefer one but it all comes down to preference. I'd like to know what the ep*5's are like though and if the drivetrain saps too much power.

im the sort of person to have a solid titanium or (and it IS possible) carbon prop shaft made up to reduce load and ud defo notice a difference!

the tings id do to this would never have been seen before on a 4paw let alone glanza etc, just wish i had the cash to buy it. shauns only half an hour from me too.

would honestly make this a carbon high powered monster

Hand bags away ladies haha. fuckin claws n everything are out here. Its only a car n its only a thread lol. cany belive how much people are bitchin on here now a days makes a change from everyone suckin each others balls but hahaha. :)

Hand bags away ladies haha. fuckin claws n everything are out here. Its only a car n its only a thread lol. cany belive how much people are bitchin on here now a days makes a change from everyone suckin each others balls but hahaha. :)

Another man of honesty, this sets a good impression lol.

Paul get down the bank and offer your bank manager a hand shandy you NEED this.

I agree Dave ha ha every time a car goes up for sale on here it's like 'ah nice car mate good luck with the sale' some of them fucking need all the luck they can get! And for god sake why can't anyone see that I do get the appeal of a 4paw-- I wanted to buy one at the end of the day but am just not willing to part with that much money for one!! So all I was saying is that it's pretty much shattered my dreams for ever buying one as well as all this abuse!

Paul me and you have really got on in other threads but you've completely lost it in this one, maybe it has got out of hand but I don't see why you have to be so personal about things, cars are my life but as pointed out- they are cars at the end of the day I'm not slagging your family or anything like that. Quite funny you should mention the carbon prop as I noticed the add in last months banzai I think it was and though exactly the same- that it'd be an awesome mod.

I wasnt comparing the scooby I used to own, to an ep95 I was just stating that I've got enough cash in the bank to buy one. Slag it all you want it was a lovely car not your typical crap one- even I will admit that the handling wasnt great not a patch on evos I've driven and higher spec scoobys like the rb320 or a well sorted sti but still, it was a nice car. Am I going to get slated just for saying like other cars than just starlets. My first ever car was a mint sr.

I'm sorry for offending people ok but had my opinion and respect others as long as they aren't direct abuse at me! And ok so the 95 in question come with a box fair enough. The paint would need sorting properly if it were mine as I'm pretty ridgid with things like that and would want it perfect. Yes a lot of things can be helped with polish and detailing but I can't help wanting things to be perfect.

Anywho I've said my bit. If I buy the celica back then ill see you on the track shorty and see what you've got, people like you fuck me off too if I'm honest but I gues we can't get along with everyone can we.

Thanks for seeing past all the bulshit morgey by the way, cracking car you built up there.

Morgey all I see from you is justy turbo lol, why the heck don't you buy one!!! :p

Your right with the evo's, but the ep*5's are just so rare, I'd prefer one but it all comes down to preference. I'd like to know what the ep*5's are like though and if the drivetrain saps too much power.

I dont need to the guy who helped me build my car has one. I've seen first hand what one can, and cant do, and i strongly believe that one of them has more potential than a ep*5 :p

Im all for people pushing these little cars above and beyond but people need to get past their blinkers and see that for the money there are far superior cars out there. As long as they agree and stop telling people to F off etc because they haven't got *000+ post and disagree then im guna shut up :lol:

Paul, it needn't be that, just a bar in place of the viscous coupling and a suitable LSD (not available im aware) it would improve them loads, i keep hinting and hoping someone will do it. ;)

What id like to see is how browners rwd 85 is done, how the viscous couplings working if its just the fact the power cant go anywhere else it has to go through it or if he's removed it also it drifts like its a locked diff so whats the deal there? :p

Im Just another spoon stirring the pot hehehe

Edit: missed this last page, cheers dude appreciate it!

Edited by morgey

Are you a man with SMS as well then?

SMS?lol small man syndrome?lol

pikey, the reason why i approach this at the angle i do, is that I've been involved in starlets before i could talk, 1st 1 i drove was my dads sunshine yellow KP and I've owned all three colours or SR and toppin it off shaun is a good mate of mine and i know the cars a good one, specially with how long and hard he hunted for a decent 1.

only reason i dont own this 4paw is that im not goin down the route of breaking the SR Turbo to fund it.

Lol yea paul, thats sms.

You are indeed right pikey we cant all get along all the time. Shauns car is well priced based on availability. And morgey i fail to see how you can try and make assumptions on the ability of a 4paw based on a 260hp justy? 1. They are to different cars, its like comparing a civic and a starlet (we all know what happens when we do that lol) and 2. The 4paw isnt limited to 260 has very thick running gear. And as proven from other 4e 5e builds the engine will give 4/500hp if you pump enough money in. As for independent rear suspension there are ideas in the pipe line fir that too.

The justy isn't limited to that its just thats where the lines been drawn. More power isn't going to improve cornering abilities. It would benefit from a front and rear LSD but like the 4paws they aren't available!

Im aware people have got 4paws to 350+ and theyre still holding on, but this is with the coupling in place still, limiting the torque going to the rear diff is it not? Remove it and try again with all that power, chances are it wouldn't last but thats the point where you will start making the most of the 4wd system IMO... but until its been done on an ep know one will really know. Im just taking my experience with my mates car and trying to pass some of it on. :)

As for the independent rear suspension, this is something that i know a lot of people would like to know about, be it fwd or 4wd, will give much more tuning capabilities :)

Me and charlie put some pics of 4paw drivetrain in this thread below, does it look anything similar to a Justy Morgey ?

Also, youd not believe how meaty the 4paw running gear is !! The prop is thicker than the one on my legacy and i dare say it could be thicker than the one on my old WRX.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/69507-ep85-drivetrain-pics/

Ah ok Paul fair play if it was a good friend of mine on top of something i believe in then I'd feel the need to back them up to really to be honest. I'm pleased we've all calmed down a bit. Maybe I havnt been choosing the best words so far lol. How close is the sr to being back on the road?

Morgey has a point though and I too would like to see the 4wd system developed further. the problem is that because of their rarity i doubt many people are going to want to chance a bit of experimenting. Independent rear suspension on these would be a game changer too i suspect. As im sure we've all seen though if you have deep pockets then anything is possible.

Ah ok Paul fair play if it was a good friend of mine on top of something i believe in then I'd feel the need to back them up to really to be honest. I'm pleased we've all calmed down a bit. Maybe I havnt been choosing the best words so far lol. How close is the sr to being back on the road?

Morgey has a point though and I too would like to see the 4wd system developed further. the problem is that because of their rarity i doubt many people are going to want to chance a bit of experimenting. Independent rear suspension on these would be a game changer too i suspect. As im sure we've all seen though if you have deep pockets then anything is possible.

sort the airleak.....mot....tax....insurance....wank sesh