As above i think we all got a little heated a little quick.

As for independent rear sus its less about deep pockets and more on research. Ill update with what we come up with once we have realy got going for now its just ideas and thoughts etc. And if the 5ddor i have doesnt sell for what im after then ill keep it meaning i have a full spare 4wd set up should things get to stressfull for the 3door. So at least we can try some new things without being so worried about needing parts if they blow. And dan is right there was a thread about the 4paw drive system on ukso saying how thick they are and the drive system is thicker than the imprezza system.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree i think the viscouse coupling will blow first followed by rear diff or transfer box. But meh? Time will tell. I've got the mag feature on your mates justy, is a wicked little car. Any chance you can get a shot of his drive system underneath dude and upload it to my build thread? Id like it for refrence for plans that are to come :)

ha ha as i've said shorty if i get my hands back on my old one then i'm up for a gentlemans challenge. would be great to see what the 95 could take. good tht you've got a spare, guess that relieves a bit of the worry with breaking it. Would love to drive a well sorted 95 with around 250-260 and see how it compares to other things i've driven/owned as quite rightly people have pointed out that i havn't driven one. The gt4 set up is ok standard but just swapping the srings and rear ARB help massively and i dont think i've driven anything that comes close for the feedback it gives you along with massive cornering ability and rawness. However, if something goes wrong with the running gear or suspension it's big money!

Obv the power to weight situation will help the little starlet :) Although saying that i raced a mates glanza that was dynod at roughly 240 while mine was running roughly 400 and was pulling away from him with ease. we worked out the p2w ratio and it was roughly the same so all i can think is that my torque made the difference although i thought i'd lose some wheel hp through the 4wd system. Then again it could be gearing and how well the cars were mapped. we didn't go into great depths about it though so not sure where his useable power was coming in etc etc there are so many factors aren't there.

Well mines an ep85 which has a rarb as stock which helps and also will be pushin well over 300+ hp its also stripped and the ep*5 have a shorter ratio gearbox compare to the gt's and glanza's so would make an interesting track fight imo. Let me know if you do get it back as will defo have to be at the same track day to see which preforms better. You are more than welcome to a drive in mine too if we ever cross paths so you can see what they handle like. May find it suddenly relights the ep*5 dream you had :)

Inspiring stuff man haha. Makes me want to get cracking on mine again. Whats the deal with the two fuel tank covers under the rear seats ? I take it its because of the transmission tunnel but is there only 1 pump aye ?

Whilst were talking 4paws, Shorty, have you kept the 85 in car/rear loom and just swapped out the dash loom for a GT one ?

Saves starting a new thread lol.

Aye just the one its behind the passenger seat. The other is just a feed over due to the transmission bulge in the tank. And yea i just swapped the engine loom in mine. Mines an s spec though so has all the same mod cons the gt had so no point using the gt internal loom for me. Mine had elec mirrors windows and rev gauge central locking etc all as stock :) the 5 door though is a tad less spec 'd just has ac lol all the rest is manual baby. However its super clean! Im soooo gonna end up keeping it :ph34r:

Sound, yeah its just because im in the middle of the loom swap and was a wee bit worried i didn't have everything i needed, but i'll be fine with what i have hopefully :)

Mine is bottom spec but im glad because id have prob ripped the lot out anyway lol, but its a facelift so it has the more aggressive headlights. Your 5dr looks mint from the pics, love the silver, makes me miss my GT :(

Yeh definatly, I appreciate that. With 300 in yours I'm sure you'd pull on the straights for sure. I mean I put the celica on a diet but nothing mental, think it was near on 80kg lighter-the back seats are basically just cussions lol. I think if I get it back ill probs go mad with it tbh and it might not see the road or track for a while. But it's the thought of spending so much money on it- it needs around 6k funnily enough as it's been sat outside the lads house for two years :( bought it standard and built it up from there so a lot of time effort and money in it not to mention love.

I'm an absolute electrics mong- I know the obv basics but the though of rewiring/ swapping looms is a bit daunting. Is it as bad as I'm thinking?

Yes charlie the 5door has a rarb on too :D im soo in love with it but i do have to put it up for sale. Im just not gonna b fussed if it doesnt sell lol.

Na mate the swap is quite easy tbh just swap out the engine loom and ecu so basically it all unplugs then all plugs back in unless you are doing anything fancy like wire tucking it then its alot of chopping and extending but I've just done some basic tidying of the gt loom. Nothing mad. And my ep85 3door has had a crash diet lol is basically empty apart from custom door card, flocked dash, cage n two seats lol

Want to sell me it mate? If you sell the car that is?

Or even let me borrow it and ill pester jezza into fabbing something up:D

And lol at the swap bein easy, look at how long both of us have taken! Its quite embarrising really as it could easily be done in a few long days!

Ill have some reps lol , I must admit thought I'm not really a wheel whore and don't really know that many makes of alloys either so if i put a set on the motor and a think yeah they set that off a treat I'd keep em on regardless of make name rarity n all the other shite that come along with I mean I'm rocking round on a set of team dynamics but I thing they look good on the car