• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on.... £11,000 for the interior? How many fucking cows where minced to accomadate a price like that? This guy is a crack head at the very least. Clown.

the dick put a decimal point not a comma so the interior cost him 11 quid...makes more sense now so probably only half a leg got minced really

650bhp.... :/

I reckon a standard glanza would Piss all over this. Lol

The funny bit is the comment after.. I have lost the paper work proving the 650 bhp lmao this happens when he split with his ex partner I smell bullshit!

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 2 weeks later...

Over priced starlets!!!

Here comes some abuse my way I think but never mind as I'm giving up on the starlet dream. In light of my recent attempts to find a decent starlet at a reasonable price and the latest ep95 for sale price I can't bite my grumpy old man tongue anymore!

Ep95: 3500 for whats basically a heap with 4wd thats impossible to find spares for. you wouldnt pay that for a fucked tommy mak evo in the same state so why pay it for that? It is a lot of cash and I know they are rare but this for me has put the final nail in the coffin for my ep95 project dreams. If I have to pay even 3k for something in that current state then it's just insane. I really hope someone with deep pockets snaps it up though.

Sr's: that arent fucking sr's anymore! Most have been butchered into anything but an sr! (Glanza reps!!!!!) Why buy a rare starlet and change everything about it that makes it rare?! Go buy a bloody sportif or something and do it to one of those! (Engine conversions are fine though :)) and when I find a clean one its just a mental asking price!

Since when did starlets become so bloody expensive anyway?! Every single glanza I've gone to potentially buy has been hanging out of its own arse and priced by mentalists! Just in comparison, I've been offered my old gt4 back for a crazily low price (sub 2k!) with a blown engine but the spec list i built on it before selling is huge. Just in parts it's 8k alone! Anyone wanting a spec list then ill gladly post up!- motec m4pro, big garrett etc etc.

My point on the whole is that I love starlets but for the same money that you might actually be able to find a nice clean one for, there are much better options out there now adays! And for those thinking 'go buy your fucking celica back then arsehole' I think I will!!

This is a starlet forum for starlet enthusiasts, excuse us for trying the bring the price of starlets back up again to what they should be at.

If you dont like the price of them then dont buy one. But theres not many better motoring joys than ripping past 'better' cars in a Starlet showing them the two fingers.

Over priced starlets!!!

Here comes some abuse my way I think but never mind as I'm giving up on the starlet dream. In light of my recent attempts to find a decent starlet at a reasonable price and the latest ep95 for sale price I can't bite my grumpy old man tongue anymore!

Ep95: 3500 for whats basically a heap with 4wd thats impossible to find spares for. you wouldnt pay that for a fucked tommy mak evo in the same state so why pay it for that? It is a lot of cash and I know they are rare but this for me has put the final nail in the coffin for my ep95 project dreams. If I have to pay even 3k for something in that current state then it's just insane. I really hope someone with deep pockets snaps it up though.

Sr's: that arent fucking sr's anymore! Most have been butchered into anything but an sr! (Glanza reps!!!!!) Why buy a rare starlet and change everything about it that makes it rare?! Go buy a bloody sportif or something and do it to one of those! (Engine conversions are fine though :)) and when I find a clean one its just a mental asking price!

Since when did starlets become so bloody expensive anyway?! Every single glanza I've gone to potentially buy has been hanging out of its own arse and priced by mentalists! Just in comparison, I've been offered my old gt4 back for a crazily low price (sub 2k!) with a blown engine but the spec list i built on it before selling is huge. Just in parts it's 8k alone! Anyone wanting a spec list then ill gladly post up!- motec m4pro, big garrett etc etc.

My point on the whole is that I love starlets but for the same money that you might actually be able to find a nice clean one for, there are much better options out there now adays! And for those thinking 'go buy your fucking celica back then arsehole' I think I will!!

u need to back off the 95 subject. u obv lack knowledge and experience in these little cars if your moanin about that price and it aint even registered with an mot fool. theyr awesome!

this, my learnered friend, is why its cool to pay the price and build a monster. a little bit more power and hed have had it........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4uOer6tEQ&feature=player_detailpage

Not wanting to knock shaun for the price as im aware he had to import it etc and is wanting a deposite for a house, but for me personally the cost of importing has to be swallowed up buy the first uk owner. That being him.

I said this to my mate back in 07 when he bought a mitsi cyborg fresh import. It was 4.5k then but as soon as you've payed and signed it over for it you can knock at least 1k off the price.

The same as buying a brand new car!

Personally if you want a pocket rocket unknown 4wd hatch fuck the ep*5 and buy a subaru justy. Dump a g13b from a swift gti in it an slap a turbo on it. Stock they can handle 180hp, forged pistons and supporting mods 260. Forged rods even more. They are fully independant suspension and they weigh foook all!

And for god sake loose the shitty viscous coupling and put a solid bar in its place and weld the diff. I've seen that knock half a second off a 1/4 mile

Over priced starlets!!!

Also mate just out of interest what would you be willing to pay for a decent spec'd starlet ?

your user name says it all mate

Fuck off back to your caravan ya tight fisted dreamer!

Just because you cant afford it doesnt mean its overpriced. Its a clean problemfree sought after car, fair enough it has a couple wee scrapes but that doesnt make it a heap.

Oh dear thought I might get responses like this. Look guys at the end of the day it's a lot of cash for what it is. And actually I'm very well sorted with my knowledge of all toyotas especially starlets thanks as I used to own one!! But I came here looking to dabble with them again and I can't find a decent one that is a reasonable price for both parties.

I sold my celica for just under 6k and it was a weapon and extremely clean. I can afford the asking prices of all the starlets I've looked at but walked away because of their poor condition be it body work or tatty engine bays and rubbish interior. Id pay what ever something is worth at the end of the day. I am a massive Toyota fan and have only ever owned one other make of car which was an Impreza gb270 number 1 of 100 ever made which I sold for 12k!

Honestly can't believe how personal everyone gets on here I'm entitled to my opinion and know quite a few other lads that came back here trying to get another starlet but gave up. My surname is pike ha ha but guess I leave myself open to 'witty' comments like those with my screen name- you are welcome to come and see me at the next jap fest if you still feel you need to cry about things.

Clean and problem free? Is hasn't got an engine, box, full loom and needs a full re spray! At the end of the day I CAN see the potential in it but not for that price. We all want to get a decent price for what we own of course we do but come on really....?

Go and buy another celica then! Ep95s come with an n/a lump that people will rip out anyway and wiring looms nee to e replaced too so what diference does it make? U dont want to spend that kind of money on it so why moan about the price if its not you buying it? why slate it to the ground?

The price of starlets is slolwy climbing back up and idiots like you who think they know it all moaning on forums about prices wont be helping!

Its a rare car, the boy has put a price on it which he thinks is fair! no one gives a monkeys what youve got to say

Starlets and Starlet parts are definitely increasing in price because of their rarity and the ease of which to source high performance parts for them.

A good Starlet is now a rare and sought after car simple as. They are almost a cult car at this stage and deserve a decent price tag

I own a near immaculate gt turbo with a good spec all round interior exterior and engine mods I wouldn't sell mine for any less than 4k but in the real world i probably wouldn't get that price that's the problem nowa days people want a good motor but want to pay fuck all to get em

The reason all the starlets u see are in poor condition are because they are the only 1s being sold whole. All the good ones are kept or broken as there are too many people with that attitude that they wont pay over 3k for one.

With a budget of 4-5k you will see plenty of nice ones.

You cant have a budget it prices out all the good ones then complain the 1s in your budget are all no good. Thats exactly why they are cheap.