• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone have fake seats, seatbelts, steering wheels, BOV's you name it and no one bats an eye, someone buys Rota's and everyone loses their mind

Pic related.

576312.jpg

Everyone have fake seats, seatbelts, steering wheels, BOV's you name it and no one bats an eye, someone buys Rota's and everyone loses their mind

Pic related.

576312.jpg

Guess u own a set then?

Wanna buy some replica rotas?

A friend of mine kerbed a "real" rota and it bent the rim, only slightly, but still bent it none the less. Imagine sliding into a kerb in the snow on replice rota....

yea it would probably be completely the same. why would a wheel made in china bend anymore than one made in the Philippine's?

That was a very expensive wepr intercooler years ago lol, he actually will be selling it back to me soon that or I'm taking the ferry to nick it back lol...

Anyway boys stop this and get back on topic...

Would u use this other company replicating fine Japanese wheels at half the cost?

Paul u made me laugh lol are u coming to jae

id use rota but not they other wheels, if i want a quick death at high speed il jump off the massive bridge near me lol

and yes, if the nxt couple of weeks prove fruitful then aye, i shall be attending JAE.

I've booked time off work and also bought the ticket so best i get this fucker done lol

A friend of mine kerbed a "real" rota and it bent the rim, only slightly, but still bent it none the less. Imagine sliding into a kerb in the snow on replice rota....

Yeah ok.... thats right your friend kerbed the wheel and it bent... In the video below at 40seconds in you'll see the Driftworks S15 smashing into the Driftworks R32 rear quarter. Now this was at a good 40-50mph the rear S15 arch, wheel and the likes took ALL the impact.... at 1.55 you'll see how much of the S15 rear end bent....and at 1.58 you'll see the ROTA GTR-D's the car run scrapted to shit but 100% whole and still holding air!

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCABuXaODWE

All wheels bend/crack etc, they warp and crack more if they are powder coated at the wrong temp, which is where most of the ROTA meme pictures come from.

yea it would probably be completely the same. why would a wheel made in china bend anymore than one made in the Philippine's?

Because the wheel in the Philippines is tested to industry standards unlike the chinese wheel which is made and then sold to the public....

To all the people going on and on about how shit ROTA are take 5mins out of your busy day and read this post...it may actually open your eyes.

http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/topic/162-question-on-durability-of-rota-wheels/

Edited by Rubix_Cube

No need for the racism lads

If people want to make replica items let them

You should know better not to buy them

People who buy them buy them at their own risk it's an option they have

But to be racist over this using such terms is bang out of order

Why drive a jap car if so?

Edited by Ep'd

where is the racism?

You serious?!

My local chinky, mr wongs wok are selling them half price when you buy special fried rice.

Thats out and out shocking TBH... would you say the same to a Chinese person's face?