• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Chaps... Been too busy to update this!

Anyhooo...

They've been working on my Inlet/Boost Pipes/Intercooler & Rad... Got some mid-fab snaps here to let you all see...

We decided to use the top half of the stock inlet... Its actually pretty optimised due to it needing to be good to extract high amount of power N/A.... We can swap it out at a later date for a complete one if needs be.... The inlet will get painted as a complete item when finished! :)

post-2707-0-40693900-1424253235_thumb.jp

Stacks... Of Course..... Going in...

post-2707-0-60435900-1424253325_thumb.jp

Part of the body of the plenum built. As you can see, we are making use of the space we have with a center feed design...

and finally...

post-2707-0-93904600-1424253366_thumb.jp

Full Size Rad is so much better then a civic one, should cool much nicer! Ontop of that, the way its being incorporated into the front of the car is so clean. Very impressed myself, I must say!

No shots of the I/C or Pipework yet, All in Good Time! :)

Well impressed yet again with fab work. Ill be high fiving the guys when I next pop down!

yo socks whats the time frame on this baby you MUST !!!!! pop a video when you drive it

Hopefully some time next month bud! :) I will!

so the charge air is gonna flow vertically upward like a turbo IPS manifold.....Sweeeeeeeet. Best ever design for good airflow :thumbsup:

Correct :)

Well done in getting a slam panel or the equivalent of back in.

The slam panel is much lower down, thats the light support bar. It didn't have ANY strength anyways.. :)

Is it weird that I really wanna here what this will sound like? Hahaha

This is the MOST annoying thing for me, I cant wait to hear what it sounds like if I'm honest!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well. The inlet manifold is almost done. Finishing touches on that today. Im using the stock T-Sport TB. Should be plenty big enough for now!

Cold side boost pipe (3") is done. Surprised by the shape. Always a big no no to have a tight 90deg off the TB. Best Flow Anyone?!

Intercooler is also done, with new back door end tanks. Although you wont see them with the bumper on!

post-2707-0-72362300-1424444935_thumb.jp

Handy lumps of wood to roughly mock the position of the silly turbocharger. Still gonna be impressive to see how they get all that manifold and downpipe down the back imo!

The waste-gate also shocked me. The thing is ridiculously big.

Both the positions of the turbo and wastegate should be about right tbh.

The screamer will be a bonnet exit affair. Simply no room to get it down the back!

Jamie has started the collector and wastegate take off and is eager to progress, he loves it haha :)

Ill keep you all posted!