• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AMAZING!!!

but i would be scared to drive this for two reasons.

1: The amount off HP

2: scared to break something every time i would drive it.

Cheers Bryan! :)

Its not my daily car, I rarely boot it tho and when I do pin it I have some mechanical sympathy so... All helps!

I think socks needs to drive on the air of caution

I DO :) x

I'll av a passenger ride lmao :)

No Worries ;)

When's this on full boost?

Sounds awesome matey

It builds 1.4bar by about 3800rpm on full not soon after, Ill take another video of the boost controller when I get chance, its quite an amazing setup!

Sounds Immense! would be nice to see a fourth gear pull if you can find the room that is

Very little run to run 4th gear all the way to the top... Ill see what I can do on a private road tho :)

yet again mate, awesome

Cheers Paul :) xx

Agree^^^ you can hear the tire's spinning

Bang on mate... :)

Thanks for kind words folks!

Sounds awesome, all be it laggy though, can't hear the screamer till around 5k though....

It actually spools really well, it makes more power than a standard starlet (at peak power) at 3800rpm's. Also remember a bigger turbo at a lower level of boost will still flow more air. I.e. This turbo at 0.6-0.7 bar will make more power than a TD04 at 1 bar.

Video of spool:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2wH4XNtmo

It actually spools really well, it makes more power than a standard starlet (at peak power) at 3800rpm's. Also remember a bigger turbo at a lower level of boost will still flow more air. I.e. This turbo at 0.6-0.7 bar will make more power than a TD04 at 1 bar.

Video of spool:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2wH4XNtmo

Is it just me or does the boost drop off to 1.5ish when you go past 5500rpm?? cant really tell as it looks like the camera man has a serious case of the shakes lol

Is it just me or does the boost drop off to 1.5ish when you go past 5500rpm?? cant really tell as it looks like the camera man has a serious case of the shakes lol

if you pause it you can still just see 1.88bar matey

I was filming that and to be fair, accelerating like it does and also with coilovers, filming was never going to be smooth.

yeh drops off at the top end same as most kits...

we are on the limits of several things now... cams, injectors, inlet manifold and turbo isnt far off either....

besides i was lifting off to slow down anyways because 4th gear you do build speed quickly!

there is certainly no drop off in the way it pushes you into your seat tho I assure you...

Perfecting the setup, getting it to spool faster and smoother is winters task :)

Lots more to come yet :)

Also any thing else you'd like to find a problem with mate? :wacko:

Also any thing else you'd like to find a problem with mate? :wacko:

Lol was just about to say.. Why so much hating going on :rolleyes:

LOL, why do you do think there is any hating going on? it was just a minor observation so I thought I would ask the question!! :D

looks as though you get the full 1.8 bar at 4500rpm and it tales off after 5700 so you get 1200rpm of 1.8 bar of boost?????

Am I wrong in saying this and no one else can see it???

Dont get me wrong, both you and Ricky have done an awesome job in building this monster and there isnt another starlet I know of in England like it so surely there is room for a little criticism :p

Tbh i see what matty is saying, i thought tail off was a tad early but when you consider it was mapped a like a day or two befor jae! Its just more tweaking and a bit of map adjustment to help maintain the boost, maybe even head work cams etc. but as the hairbear has already said winter time brings time for tweaking ;) enjoy the car while the weather holds :D

A few tweeks on the avcr should help there imo very finicky controllers at the best of times. It does take a while of adjusting on them to get them right. I'm at mine the last week or so and still a bit to go but getting better every time hard to get a good stretch to be at them too lol probably better to have a mate driving to be on the safe side. This might help http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?29329-AVCR-setup-with-hybrid-turbo&p=368152&viewfull=1#post368152

im fairly new to this sort of thing as ive owned my glanza for 4 to 4 months but sadly i have the bug my one is currently tdo4 and i have just bought a forged lump with many bits done to it and i have bought a vf 22 hybrid with garret gt30 internals so really i should be looking at what socks has done and try and follow it should be along the same lines but i doubt it will be as amazin as this motor congrats on the mad power :D

fuck it im gonna be very honest here and speak my mind as for a while now I've kept my mouth shut. socks in collaberation with ricky race tech has built 1 of the best glanzas your ever likely to find in the UK yet sum people still pick thru this thread with a tooth pick to find a fault when clearly there aint.

its an awesome lookin machine and thru conversations with matt i know its gonna b even better shortly.

so instead of tryin to find negatives with this beast, why dont we all give the guy a pat on the back for buildin an absolute fuckin WEAPON of a car!!!

the time spent moanin bout how he cant get power down or spool time etc could b used improvin your own starlets. we are a club, not a bitchin forum.

that is all.

Haters gonna Hate :p

Sounds sweet looks sweet goes mightily well it's a winner for me

Cheers Babe... :)

LOL, why do you do think there is any hating going on? it was just a minor observation so I thought I would ask the question!! :D

looks as though you get the full 1.8 bar at 4500rpm and it tales off after 5700 so you get 1200rpm of 1.8 bar of boost?????

Dont get me wrong, both you and Ricky have done an awesome job in building this monster and there isnt another starlet I know of in England like it so surely there is room for a little criticism :p

You last 3 posts on here have been "Minor Observations" thats all.

Its set to 1.7bar... Anymore is creep...

May tail off by .2bar at the end, but as I said doesnt stop pulling...

It was mapped in about 2 hours on the wednesday evening before JAE, I collected it Wed Night and then went to JAE thursday.. Winter is when the fettling begins and we shall see!

Tbh i see what matty is saying, i thought tail off was a tad early but when you consider it was mapped a like a day or two befor jae! Its just more tweaking and a bit of map adjustment to help maintain the boost, maybe even head work cams etc. but as the hairbear has already said winter time brings time for tweaking ;) enjoy the car while the weather holds :D

Cheers Shorty. I think its going to be down to the fact we are on the brink of maxing so many things. Custom Cams, Inlet Manifold, Back Door Intercooler, Auto TPS. Tweaking...

Tbh id happily leave it as it is, unreal to drive!

A few tweeks on the avcr should help there imo very finicky controllers at the best of times. It does take a while of adjusting on them to get them right. I'm at mine the last week or so and still a bit to go but getting better every time hard to get a good stretch to be at them too lol probably better to have a mate driving to be on the safe side. This might help http://www.toyotagtt...ll=1#post368152

Cheers Corey, nice to see you on here! Ill pass it on to Ricky....

im fairly new to this sort of thing as ive owned my glanza for 4 to 4 months but sadly i have the bug my one is currently tdo4 and i have just bought a forged lump with many bits done to it and i have bought a vf 22 hybrid with garret gt30 internals so really i should be looking at what socks has done and try and follow it should be along the same lines but i doubt it will be as amazin as this motor congrats on the mad power :D

Make sure you have a good convo with a decent tuner... Race-Tech or Tuning Developments will help you with your goal :)

Speedo video was mental haha love it!

Cheers Mr Jad's!

I didnt think it went too bad in that vid either!

fuck it im gonna be very honest here and speak my mind as for a while now I've kept my mouth shut. socks in collaberation with ricky race tech has built 1 of the best glanzas your ever likely to find in the UK yet sum people still pick thru this thread with a tooth pick to find a fault when clearly there aint.

its an awesome lookin machine and thru conversations with matt i know its gonna b even better shortly.

so instead of tryin to find negatives with this beast, why dont we all give the guy a pat on the back for buildin an absolute fuckin WEAPON of a car!!!

the time spent moanin bout how he cant get power down or spool time etc could b used improvin your own starlets. we are a club, not a bitchin forum.

that is all.

Cheers Paul mate, least it aint just me getting that feeling.

Im open to critisum and suggestion but PM me or open another thread lol...

Im being thick but just want to clear this up :p so matt put his foot down at 2300ish rpm, and it went up to 1.7bar at about 4.3k?

Indeed... on full boost by 4300rpm...

Gave the car a clean this weekend, still minty from JAE! :)

IMG_1745.JPG

:)

LOL, why do you do think there is any hating going on? it was just a minor observation so I thought I would ask the question!! biggrin.png

Dont get me wrong, both you and Ricky have done an awesome job in building this monster and there isnt another starlet I know of in England like it so surely there is room for a little criticism tongue.png

Your criticising things what either don't matter or don't understand. If I made the car do 2 bar at 7000rpm's it wouldn't make a single HP more. The head/cam intake are absolutely maxed. Look at where the car makes peak power. You will have the exact same problem in a few weeks i'm sure. Sock's has a ported head also.

A few tweeks on the avcr should help there imo very finicky controllers at the best of times. It does take a while of adjusting on them to get them right. I'm at mine the last week or so and still a bit to go but getting better every time hard to get a good stretch to be at them too lol probably better to have a mate driving to be on the safe side. This might help http://www.toyotagtt...ll=1#post368152

The AVCR is the best boost controller IMO, the point is I didn't want to make any more boost higher in the RPM's it didn't result in any more power. It was setup on the dyno.