• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a mate to help me dial some camber in on the front...

IMG_1511.JPG

More for looks then performance really, as they looked like they were cambering outward!

Excuse the Condition of the ID-Workz Brace, its seen better days now!

Anyways, much better now:

IMG_1532.JPG

Tracking was MILES out after that too, so tip for anyone putting coilies on, get retracked or your tyres will last minutes!

:)

Looking good dude. Power FC will be sweet.

Cheers buddy! Agree :)

What camber did you decide on dude?

See in pics mert :p

nice one dude!

Phil.

Cheers Mert!

Did you just set your own camber and then go for tracking the old fashioned way or get a full alignment?

I had some Camber fed in and then had it re-tracked!

absolute love this car! what size is your front number plate please

Cheers buddy, do you know what, I have no idea!

Ill check when the cars home again!

any news on the stand alone?

See update below :)

looking good Socks, bloody hell that is rich!! i bet you get alot of flames out that bad on the overrun!

Maybe just a few :p when the exhaust gets hot enough hehe!

So.........

anyone who is friends with me on facebook will already know... but for those who dont....

apexiavcr_racetechroute.jpg

Dropped my car off at Race-Tech this morning, to have the Apexi PowerFC fitted and mapped!

Not alot to do in terms of fitting, just map sensor and psyically mounting the unit...

Then its mapping time, be interesting to see what Boost/Power/Torque she will get with this compared to Emanage Ultimate....

Ontop of that the smoothness!

Should get it back before the weekend :D

Duno if this is the case on yours but when i fitted my coilovers i didnt apply any weight to the hubs when doing up the two bolts onto the shock so when lowered back down they had positive camber, jacked it back up slackened them off and lifted against the disc lightly with a jack, then tightened them up, dropped it back down afterwards and even set in the middle of the camber adjustment i had slight negative camber ;)

P.s cars looking awsome as always :)

Great success (Y)

its gonna be a long week

tbh, im patient when it comes to my car, id rather wait n have it perfect :)

Im looking forward to driving it tho, going to be so much better!

Duno if this is the case on yours but when i fitted my coilovers i didnt apply any weight to the hubs when doing up the two bolts onto the shock so when lowered back down they had positive camber, jacked it back up slackened them off and lifted against the disc lightly with a jack, then tightened them up, dropped it back down afterwards and even set in the middle of the camber adjustment i had slight negative camber ;)

P.s cars looking awsome as always :)

Cool Story Bro :p

lolz, sowwie cudnt resist babe :p

I took tension off the shocks, cambered tightened then put her back on all fours again to be tracked... :)

Looking good bud. Why did you need a loom for your PFC?

I was sure they just plug straight into your current ECU loom? I know thats how they do in the S-Bodies?

Unlike the major Jap motors. Apexi never released a PowerFC for the EP82/EP91 Starlets...

AP Engineering, i believe a devision of Apexi, made a bnunch of wiring adaptors to expand the range of cars compatible!

noice!

Phil.

Cheers Phil :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just MSN'd Ricky, Map Sensor has been modified to suit PowerFC. ECU is plugged in and powered up. ECU is all functional, there was an old map on it thats been removed now. Got to change a few wires for the AVC-R boost controller as that was wired into the emanage harness...

Should be ready for mapping tormorrow/wednesday... Depend on other work load....

Then its Dyno Time :p

awesome socks!! cant wait to c wot she makes! il start of a prediction list.....

1. PaulStarletSR - 356bhp

haha, lets wait and see, i couldnt give a monkey if it doesnt produce any more power, it will jsut get rid of the lumpy behaviour at slow speeds!

Sweet news mate, as above.. Looking forward to seeing the new figure ;)

As above, cheers bbe :) x

Awesome, looking forward to seeing a new power figure.

Any idea what it maybe?

No idea dude, wait n see i guess :)

This, cant tell from the pics lol?

When i get car back ill check for ya babe :)

Looking foward to seeing what difference it makes with the standalone mate, i need one asap too like you said piggy back isn't ideal for 300+ :/

Same here :) Getting on for 300% over stock power, which is stupid...

Best to do away with standard ecu and its small map entirely!

Awesome mate :) you gna be upping the boost at all?

Ricky will do what he can, we may fall victim to weak ingition signal.... meaning coil 2 plug....

There will be more to have out the same boost now the resolution in the mapping tables is there to play with...

Ricky knows full well to keep going until he max's somthing anyways :)