• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Socks, ive just read through this and my only concern is..........Did you rob a bank?? B) Very nice setup!!!!! :shok:

Peter

I've came to the conclusion that he has a secret money tree somewhere. Not telling anyone that he has one but its obvious :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Looking good dude cant wait to see what see makes :)

And the Apexi power FC socks has got is made for the starlet the HRF PFC was for an MR2 and fittled to work on a starlet!

Not quite right there Micky thats an AP Engineering one as it's running a Map sensor, the ones that HRF did used an Air flow meter you can see it behind the battery in this picture:

hpa4.jpg

Hey Folks...

Right, all the wiring is done. AVC-R has been re-wired in, MAP sensor has been wired in. So basically all done.

Scaling the MAP sensor is going to take a bit of time, but once thats done, gonna be mapping :D

Ricky told me end of next week... Which is all cool by me. Ill keep ya'll posted! :)

Money Comments - Work Hard Enough, not difficult to get to this stage!

Banzai Comment - If there even interested, I want the car done to how it is in my mind :)

Not quite right there Micky thats an AP Engineering one as it's running a Map sensor, the ones that HRF did used an Air flow meter you can see it behind the battery in this picture:

hpa4.jpg

Yeah thats my point the reason that HRF used an Air flow meter is because so do MR2's rev2's which HRFused an MR2 Apexi power FC :) And i know its an AP Engineering ecu that socks is useing and i know they use a Map sensor but you dont have to use the Map sensor if your not boosting over 1.2Bar as thats the max the stock Map sensor will take antthing above that then you need to use an apexi 3bar map sensor..But as for the HRF apexi power FC ecu you have no choice but to use the Air flow meter :) And all apexi power FC are Ap Engineering even the HRF! Just HRF played with it after AP Engineering!

Edited by micky boy

What map sensor are you using?

eBay 3Bar Sensor matey lol.

thought it was going to be back by this weekend, hes prob just fallen in love with it and clocking up the miles lol

Ricky has been really ill the last week mate...

Anymore news yet bud?

See update below :)

any news yet socks ?

See update below :)

I was gonna ask yesterday LOL Keen to see how much a difference with a "proper" ecu.

So am I :D haha

Got my self a few bits and bobs togther while the car is at Race-Tech...

First off I got my hands on a commander for less then £100 :D

So... Apexi PowerFC w/Commander for less then £300. Bargain!

IMG_1640.JPG

Also got hold of a mount for one...

IMG_1641.JPG

Got myself a carbon dipped steering cowling. Matches the TRD texture EXACTLY :) Win!

IMG_1642.JPG

and finally big thjanks to Zeb!

IMG_1644.JPG

Some Black Leather, Red Stitching Gaitors....

Should be alot better!

As for an update on the ECU/Mapping...

The MAP Sensor is giving Ricky a bit of a ball ache as it isnt an Genuine Apexi Item.

Scaling it to the ECU, is what is a bit time consuming...

Hopefully going to be mapped end of this week/over next week :)

Ill keep ya'll posted!

Ready for J.A.E then? You are awesome with the bargains think we need some lessons from you lol :)

Absolutely! :)

That command unit is uber cool! Where you think of mounting it?

There cool as!

Ill see when I get the car back! :)

firstly, that steering cowl, errrmmm, WANT!!!!!!! thats lush mate!

secondly, NICE GAITORS! i is in need of one for my handbrake too, those are tasty!

thirdly...u has light up keyboard, i has light up keyboard, we am ubes cool y0!

great work as always sir!

Phil.

:) Cheers Phil!

Agree!

I thought being a bit of a brand whore/shiney part collector you'd have splashed out for one of these:

[media]http://youtu.be/jRcvmFWVk-8

Also, the ebay PFC holders like above are utter gash bud. I bought one of these and its FAR FAR FAR better:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item53ee3def62

Keeps it more secure, my mate has the one you have got and when he's drifting it just falls out.

I did think bout it, but this one was cheap enuf! I can always upgrade ;) but I am fully aware of them Rubix matey! :)

arent the commanders like programed to the ecu ie you have to have the original or it wont work, thats what a couple of garages told me anyway

Na, there are many different versions of the commander, its more of a compatability issue... There not bonded with eachother :)

That steering cowl is amazing :) looks quality nice one

Cheers Buddy :)

They are linked by ECU type. i.e. a Commander for an SR20 180sx PFC will not work on a Skyline or RX7 for example. You need a Commander to match the ECU type, not that one specific ECU :)

The one I posted about is universal though and works on 99.5% of PFC's

Yeh, apart from a couple of automatic JDM boats :p

Havent ruled it out tho! May ditch PFC in future all togther in favour of DTA... Who Knows!

Well, the title of this has changed now...

Collected the car from Race-Tech tonight, havent stopped grinning, all the way home!

It is chuffing mental!

The car has gone from 344.3bhp to 376.7bhp! Doesnt sound much, but I tell you know its fucking noticable!

The torque has also increase from 286.7lbft to 328.9lbft! Which again is chuffing mental.

The Boost level has gone from 1.4bar to 1.7bar....

Rev limit is the same at 7500rpm...

So just from changing from Greddy E-Manage Piggyback to Apexi Power FC Standalone, has transformed the car!

What I was also amazed by is how it builds boost. It builds 1.4bar before 4000rpm! It spools so much faster. Ricky overlaid my old graph with this one and there is more power all over the rev band!

So, here is the printout.... She is 327.5whp, flywheel power is at the bottom underneath the fueling... :)

rrprintout.jpg

There is actually a bit more mapping to go yet, was all a bit of a rush to get it done for JAE, so will be alot smoother too!

She is maxed out now by the cams... Still more to come yet haha!

Race-Tech also made a few more changes, but its late and I need sleep, ill update tormorrow!

The cruise home had me grinning, here's what the boost controller looked like when I got back...

IMG_1683.JPG

Cold + Vpower = Extra Boosty :p

Limiter bounced a lil higher too haha.

Anyways, ill update properly tormorrow, have to clean the car tormorrow, fit all the stuff thats sat here that needs to go on it before JAE!

Watch this space :p xxx