• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone abuse mate for his fakery.

What else is IDWorkz on your car mate? anything?

I'm sure we argued about the varis front being a fake or not recently :p looks like I was correct by thinking it wasn't genuine ;) guess that's what spending 2 hours of my life reading Matt's thread did for me hawhaw!

On topic note - that varis spoiler looks tidy :) a lick of paint and it should be beautiful :D

Its taken me ages to read this whole thread.

foooookin epic!

Il be very suprised if there is a better example lurking around!

Hats off to you socks or should is say socks off to you lol!

Good luck with future plans!

Hi guys, amazing build, i need some advise for my build, please see my intro page [b]http://www.ukstarletowners.com/index.php?showtopic=59209

Im upgrading my cylinder head now, i have new valves springs from tuning development, now problem is, will the stock valves, retainers and valve caps hold down 300bhp? please help me out, the only thing i can do is nitride and 3 deg cut the valves here or just fit another toyota valves set (expensive option)

PLeaseeeee help me out :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose:

Not a fan of the spoiler :(. But if you want a hand painting etc let me know. Won't put clear coat on it this time lol!

Is there a reason not to lacquer it? Justaskig as i've just got a white livesports and need it painting, is it not a good idea to lacquer?

Is there a reason not to lacquer it? Justaskig as i've just got a white livesports and need it painting, is it not a good idea to lacquer?

Matt had a respray earlier in the year with a 2k paint which he had some left over so I used it to paint his bonnet for him.... Normally I'd paint with a celly primer, solvent based paint and then use a 2k clear coat on top (lacquer) however you don't need to put clear coat on a 2k paint (didn't know this at the time). I found when I was trying to flatten and buff his bonnet after painting it that it just wouldn't shine that great. A friend that's been painting for years told me not to bother using a clear on 2k paints (he gave a long explanation at the time and said that you can get a gleaming shine if done this way or that way but I can't remember lol).... So if you use a 2k paint, just flatten it after and buff... Obviously if you use a solvent or water based base coat (colour) then use a lacquer (2k will get the best finish)