• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im going to run it at wastegate pressure so it'll probs end up at like 0.7/0.8 it'll still be under standard boost so im sure it'll be fine. Mike @ TD Recommended running it lower so we'll see. Would rather be safe then let it go bang! Plus im limited to what i can run with standard ECU still! We'll see

Just been for a rip in this tonight weather is lovely! Car is so fucking awesome to drive when i get to drive it properly (which is hardly ever) makes me think twice about ripping it apart on thursday!

So errrr this kinda happened tonight!

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/keirz/media/IMG_1519_zps8eac73cc.jpg.html'>IMG_1519_zps8eac73cc.jpg

MASSIVE thanks to Keiran for doing all the work while i sat on my arse! Just waiting on a gasket from Idworkz tomorrow and then all is well to go back on :) Rad has now been ripped out since this pic!

Hoping to get a good few hours on it tomorrow night :)

So yeah all the td04 kit is now on! Few little niggles that need sorting but it should be driveable now and the boost is gonna be set up using the blitz while driving!

Had a nightmare with the civic rad not fitting and then on fitting the standard rad realising you've managed to smash a big hole in it due to throwing it around! Bad times! So rushed upto to chesterfield tonight to get a standard rad off a breaker, and it will be getting fitted and bled up tomorrow and then Maybe ill get to feel td04

Power for the first time!

Pics will be up tomorrow too!

the rad we had would not sit low enough without cutting off the old mount. also the bottom rad hose would be right where the screamer pipe was so really was not worth the effort

stock radiator fits fine with the kit though

the rad we had would not sit low enough without cutting off the old mount. also the bottom rad hose would be right where the screamer pipe was so really was not worth the effort

stock radiator fits fine with the kit though

Seen a few people cut the bottom mount and move the bottom rad outlet due to the screaner, like you saud though its alot off effirt espescialily if the stock rad fits !

Yeah as Keirz said, a lot neater and easier to fit the standard rad so we (he) did

Car is know fully up and running, boost has been adjusted to about 0.5bar and its an animal even at the low boost pressure, sounds ace more pops and bangs, and it isnt as laggy as what most people make out! Really happy boy with it :)

Having a few hours on it tonight tidying up the bay a little, tieing things out the way and refitting the grill and slam panel :) And hoping my good friend Mark comes over with his nuts camera to get some proper snaps! heres a few poor iphone camera ones for now though

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/keirz/media/164209_10151657069180774_85316507_n_zps50fae249.jpg.html'>164209_10151657069180774_85316507_n_zps5

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/keirz/media/69005_10151657069215774_1199199540_n_zps86743e77.jpg.html'>69005_10151657069215774_1199199540_n_zps

Looks mint Liam, bet your loving it :D

Yeah its great mate!

Wait until you up it to just under FC, it'll fly ;)

Nice update, can't wait until I get to run TD04!

Cheers mate, unsure if i can push it to 0,7/0.8 with stock pump or without a FPR so didnt really wanna go that high! Will probably turn it up some more soon though :p

I only ran .5 on on td04 as what you need to remeber is yes the oem ecu overfuels alot but at .8 a td04 is flowing waaaaay more air than a ct9. Fuel cut is a basic securtity for preventing damage on the stock set up. So a .8 ct9 airflow is where the fc is towards the limit. At .8 on td04 id say is a shitload more air running than the saftey feature was aimed at anticipating. Which is why engines get damaged. Fuelcut is an oem feature for an oewm turbo set up its not a bullet proof vest for the engine.