Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it any different to regular plumbers tape then chaps? Because I have plumbers tape in the house.

Updated to-do list to keep me on track:

Tidy engine bay - started

New radiator bracket - redesigned version to follow

Wire in all Apexi gauges - done, just need to connect sensors for oil and water

Fit oil filter relocator - o-rings sourced, and don't fit. PTFE tape to be used instead.

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold

Paint rocker cover and inlet manifold support bar (also: source new rocker cover oil seals and polish/replace nuts) - rocker cover painted, need a new PCV valve

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Source some shiny recessed washers to tidy up engine bay

Address the seats

Phil.

• 1 month later...

Update

Right, been a bit quiet this month as I have been somewhat "pre-occupied", as many of you know already. However, there are a couple of updates and other interesting items to be noted.

So, you probably know I got married 2 weeks ago, followed by being on honeymoon for a week, hence my online silence. The week of the wedding I had a certain Mr R Bower and family visiting BadgerSports Inc. HQ, and being an employee of our GaragEP department, Robert was quickly put to work. I need to borrow my dad's camera to update this properly, although there are a series of update pictures on the instagram feed, #GaragEP!

First up, Mr B kindly fitted the powder coated inlet manifold. Couple of nuts being pricks, but other than that, for once, no real headaches! And it looks awesome, so kudos to Mr Starbuck for providing that! Matches the rocker cover really well, so further kudos to Mr Monty! Rob also tidied up some of the surplus vac lines, and he also performed the sealing of the oil filter relocation kit as per Rob H's instructions, so we are ready to fit the kit and gauge sensors once the car is relocated to The Costa for oil leak investigations.

On that same theme, we had a bit of a look at the leak, and there is oil on the back of the block. Its all very confusing, so I think Jay's proposed approach to strip the casings off and run the car to try and find the leak source is the best possible solution.

Robert also kindly helped remove the nut from the harness eye bolt, meaning that the broken piece of the subframe has now been removed so Mr Greenmachine can reweld that bad boy for me all being well and we can refit the driver's seat.

So, moving on from Project BadgerSport's physical presence, it goes without saying that, being a UKSO wedding, the car naturally had to be represented at the wedding!!!! Again I will need to get decent pictures for you all, although there are some on instagram and FB, however, following the theme on here for Starlet birthday cakes, I think my wife has been responsible for the first ever Starlet WEDDING cake!!! Thats right baby! I see your birthday cakes and raise you to a wedding cake!!!! Complete with mismatched red and black OZ Titan alloys and everything!!!!

Additionally, some of you that have been at weddings recently will maybe have seen these Fingerprint Trees that are all the rage rather than guest books. Well, my wife and sister-in-law will see your tree, and raise you a painting of Project BadgerSport, complete with Volk 5/4s, with fingerprint balloons lifting the car!!!!

Wouldnt be a BadgerSports Inc wedding without the EP being represented! Sadly she was in no state to physically appear herself, but the amusing thing is that most folk at the wedding knew straight away what the cake and the painting were about!

So, a massive thankyou to Mrs Badger and to Mrs Pandamonium for two awesome EP-themed wedding items that everyone commented on during the day!!! The fingerprint picture is now hanging pride of place in our living room....sadly the cake will soon be cut and consumed, but the photographer got plenty of detailed pics of it which I will share once I have them!!!!

I will get the camera rocking and rolling very soon, I promise, as I would like to capture all of the above in this thread!

Big thanks once again to Mr B for getting all oily in the garage! Greatly appreciated dude!!!

#GaragEP!!!

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Aaaaaaaaaand with photos:

So, first up, the full set:

S7300169_zpsb5789908.jpg

Before:

S7300164_zpsba2de3d7.jpg

During:

S7300165_zps89831190.jpg

After (footrest still to be secured):

S7300170_zpsd0c67e35.jpg

And with optional mats:

S7300305_zpsb64c9e08.jpg

S7300307_zps5e8bdc17.jpg

6-up baby:

S7300303_zpsbae296ba.jpg

Too many gauges?

S7300304_zps51f0baf2.jpg

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaked and tucked:

S7300306_zpscc4c3a08.jpg

Manifold:

S7300301_zpse205ad19.jpg

S7300302_zps374ca9b1.jpg

Fingerprint-EP!! (cake to follow):

S7300308_zps98a99c2d.jpg

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

cheers dude, I'll get some pics of the cake too before it gets cut up!

Yes we do indeed, i believe you wish to revisit the Apexi wiring, as well as extend the water temp sensor wiring out into the bay meaning the gauge will finally read a temperature.

I owe you "payment for services rendered" also lol.

Phil.

Update

I feel that this update should be bigger, given the ridiculous price of these things, but she now has a nice new PCV valve and grommet. Needed it to get her in a condition to run down the road to The Costa.

Have some black M6 dome nuts coming for the rocker cover also.

Paying for the Tein springs this month, then paying Socks for a part he's holding for me next month all being well.

Meeting Greenmachine next week to get the drivers subframe rewelded hopefully.

Updated to-do list to keep me on track:

Tidy engine bay - started

New radiator bracket - redesigned version to follow

Wire in all Apexi gauges - done, just need to connect sensors for oil and water

Fit oil filter relocator - ready to fit

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold - done

Paint rocker cover - done

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Source some shiny recessed washers to tidy up engine bay

Address the seats

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

thanks bud. still a load to sort out, that will eventually culminate in new paint all round and new tires for the Volks, but some of the more fiddly bits are getting taken care of, thanks to Chris, Rob and Eamonn. Soon it'll be off to Jay to see if we cant finally find the source of the leak and plug the fecker up once and for all. It's a lot further on than it was 12 months ago, so cant complain! Big thanks to everyone who's been pitching in, as always!

Phil.

lol thanks bud! I need to get the driver's sub frame repaired and the seat refitted before I can bring her down, and we'll need to see Chris or Joel for some plates. This leak will be found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black rocker nuts arrived over the weekend so that's this evenings entertainment sorted!!!!!!!!

Phil.

• 8 months later...

OFFT! All the way from page 3 of the N/As section! Nothing since June 2014!

On the plus side, I have an update that at least makes up for my inactivity.

Just put a deposit on a set of Evo 7 Recaros. Will take a few months to get them transported over to NI, but its worth the wait.

Kind of interupts the plans I was working on in the back ground in regards to suspension and some powder coating, but I have coveted a set of these since I first saw Joz's seats many years ago, and this weekend I just thought "fuck it". Plus, the wife said they looked nice, so really its all her fault for enabling my bad habits, so its worth delaying the other bits I'm working on for a few months to cover the outlay for these.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger