• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Chaps.

Screw you Adz :)

Well, this car went back to Race-Tech the other day to get fettled with and finished ready for some boost this year in summer!

Nothing major really, just finishing off, clean, inspect everything before we push it to hopefully over 400bhp...

Engine is coming out so I can clean the engine bay and its having a weeping crank seal replaced, but that's about it to be honest...

As for me, Ive purchased these:

post-2707-0-30306800-1390559719.jpg

Cant say im a fan of the vibrations (which aren't too bad to be honest, just use a few more revs)

But the engine moves so much and even the TRD mounts are not rated for nie on 400bhp.

So its a MUST really....

My next major item on the agenda is seating for the front. :)

You loved your TRD mounts, and your Miesters on full soft. But needs must I guess

And seats are definately needed, i forgot how unfomfortable 98 spec seats were til we were just chilling in your car at JAE. Your heaters were so nice, it was FREEZING.

Will you go for harnesses too Matt? Or are you not a fan of them?

You loved your TRD mounts, and your Miesters on full soft. But needs must I guess

And seats are definately needed, i forgot how unfomfortable 98 spec seats were til we were just chilling in your car at JAE. Your heaters were so nice, it was FREEZING.

Will you go for harnesses too Matt? Or are you not a fan of them?

TRD Mounts are great... just no good for 350bhp+

There not uncomfortable. They are however unsupportive...

Possible. but the seatbelts will stay in there too as harnesses for anything other then track use are a ball ache. You cant move lol!

TRD Mounts are great... just no good for 350bhp+

There not uncomfortable. They are however unsupportive...

Possible. but the seatbelts will stay in there too as harnesses for anything other then track use are a ball ache. You cant move lol!

My TRD mounts didn't last long either. Powerflex vibration isn't that bad mate had a quick look at yours tday that turbo is mega :)

Looking good mate, :-)

Cheers Bud!

My TRD mounts didn't last long either. Powerflex vibration isn't that bad mate had a quick look at yours tday that turbo is mega :)

Na, hope they will be ok, told Ricky to play with Idle so its not too bad!

Cheers Mike!

Powerflex is not bad at all. Got them on my car. At 900 rpm idle the engine is trying to jump out of the car. Raised to 1000 rpm, now its nice and without any vibration.

Cheers or the heads up bud!

I WANT YOUR CAR SOCKS!!!

Mine Mine Mine!

This car is so clean it makes my eyes hurt! LOL

Fantastic car

Cheers Buddy! Come a long way!

Ok, I just lost the best part of my day reading the whole of this post!!

1) wow, just wow

2) your car is immense!!

3) wow!!

That's a long day buddy! Its quite long now!

Seen this car at Race-Tech today, looks really impressive in the flesh.

You ruddy Perv! Been down there today myself... See below...

Well....

Popped down to Race-Tech today. Ben had got the engine out of the old girl for a bit of fettling, so took the opportunity to blitz and polish the engine bay. It needed it bigtime!

post-2707-0-37659300-1390930149.jpg

and all polished up White again!

post-2707-0-60306700-1390930156.jpg

Engine bay paint is original too, so not too bad at all!

Once the engine was out, Ricky gave the engine a once over.

The sump was removed to make sure its all ok ready for pushing it over the 400bhp mark...

Its in pretty much mint condition inside, all in very good condition! Which is brilliant! So the weeping crank seal was replaced, the engine block was cleaned up. (it will be re-painted before going back in too)

post-2707-0-99786400-1390930322.jpg

Its going to get a fresh cambelt while its apart too, just for piece of mind!

Then while the sump was off, they cleaned it all up, removed all the sealant (came up mint), I had the piss poor factory baffle removed...

post-2707-0-12229600-1390930392_thumb.jp

Anyone guess what's being done? ;)

While I was there, my custom made clutch line arrived too...

post-2707-0-07406400-1390930435_thumb.jp

Will allow me to get rid of the hard pipe, flexi pipe and another hard pipe... Should look a lot better!

Will be more updates soon hopefully! Ill keep you posted best I can. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just read this full build thread just one word "WOW"!!! Your attention to detail is increadible!! Not just the best starlet I've seen but one of the best builds of any car!!! Keep up the good work can't wait too see what the future holds for this;)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a cracking car buddy for sure.

Nice updates dude :)

nice work bud!

Phil.

Cheers Chaps :)

Always wanted a full braided clutch line !! Even the small bit braided makes a difference.

Sweet updates.

We shall have to wait and see, it should do!

Baffled sump getting made up? :)

See Below :)

Looking sweeeeeet dude when u hoping to have the old girl back n mapped ? ?

Hope to get her back next month!

Engine bay looks a lot better dude. Will you be getting it back for japfest?

Cheers Lew... I will indeed!

Just read this full build thread just one word "WOW"!!! Your attention to detail is increadible!! Not just the best starlet I've seen but one of the best builds of any car!!! Keep up the good work can't wait too see what the future holds for this;)

Were you sitting comfortably haha.

Cheers for the kind words.

I am extremely jealous!

Such a nice car!!

Top work!!

Cheers Kate!

lovely looking glanza mate keep up the work

Cheers Matey!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, got sent a few more snaps of what's been going on over in Sheffield at Race-Tech HQ...

The Sump has now been finished. The old baffle was removed and a full Trapdoor-Baffle System was welded into place. Its very impressive in all honesty. Trap Doors open and close to keep oil at the optimal point for the oil pickup.

Something which is slowly becoming very important as I'm going to a much wider and sticker tyre size on the front for this year! Meaning much more g-force pushing the oil around inside the sump!

post-2707-0-46406400-1392656301.jpg

Sorry Tho Folks. Just like the specification of my Garrett Turbocharger.

It is being kept a secret for the time being. Not making it that easy for any other Tuners/Fabricators on here! :D

In other news. The gearbox has had a bath in a very very big parts cleaner, then painted, looking nice and fresh!

post-2707-0-77267000-1392656488.jpg

and while the paint gear was out, the block got a freshening up as well!

post-2707-0-19389200-1392656518.jpg

Now waiting upon my new Clutch Setup to arrive and my flywheel has been for another fresh skim.... Before the engine and box can be mated up and returned to the shell!

Finally, got this back from the polishers...

post-2707-0-06696500-1392662960.jpg

post-2707-0-95479400-1392662963.jpg

Looking Good! Should look pretty awesome when its all built back up again!

Will it make 400bhp!? That is the question...