• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds mental well done I look forward to some videos.

Congratulations Matt! its good to see someone in the uk finally crack the 400 mark, just enjoy it now mate :D

Spuddys car made just over 400bhp on pump fuel in 2011 :)

Was on a 5E though? (Not that it makes a huge difference of course) but 400 on a 4e is very impressive (and even on a 5e don't get me wrong)

Yeah 5e but was just putting it out there. Be nice to see what Seans 10 second 4e was pushing on pump Id say it was pretty big figures too. Anyway this is socks thread with the proof to back the figures its a great result.

Edited by Corey

Cheers for more kind comments...

awesome power matt. car sound like an animal for sure !!!

Cheers Buddy!

Monster , love it mate :)

Cheers Mate!

Maaad! Make sure you borrow a GoPro off someone when you take her on track :)

Videos Will be coming, don't worry! Be a crime to deny you lot of that!

Well done mate thats an amazing figure! Keep the videos.comimg when you get it back!

Cheers Bud! Will do!

Just enjoy it now so Ryan can catch up lol

Don't think Ryans too fussed. More then enough power! I wont be going any further!

If I make any further refinements to setup it wont be for more power...

Id like to see that graph to get it onto the leaderboard! 5E :)

Awesome result mate, as asked before is it all in at 6k? How is drive ability?

Cheers Bud!

No, that's the key with this particular turbo kit/setup, it is really nice and progressive.

The Boost Plot looks awesome too as boost comes in really nice!

Ill be sure to do a few spool test videos too! TO see what its like on the road!

This car refuses to go to fucking Japfest! Im not kidding!

Japfest 2012 - Gearbox Fails 2 miles from Japfest. Limp it home with no 3rd or 4th!

Japfest 2013 - Car has airleaks, doesn't get finished in time.

Japfest 2014......

I collected the car on Wednesday, left Race-Tech, all was well, smiles were awesome!

Car started running on 3 cylinders while cruising down the A1 in 5th gear. Strange. Few checks, nothing obvious.

So went home and gave it a much needed clean!

post-2707-0-95424600-1399571105.jpg

So took it back to Race-Tech this morning...

Checked the Wiring, Coils & Injectors. No Luck. Removed the spark plug, to find the fucking element missing. :(

Now for those who aren't clued up to how serious that is, the spark plug tips are made of a very hard material and when they break off they have been known to destroy the entire fucking engine and turbo...

Compression Tester came out, and. FUCK ALL COMPRESSION in Cylinder 3. So, Japfest 2 days away, feeling nearly suicidal, fearing the worst.

Ben @ Race-Tech got on with stripped the head off the car to see what the fuck was wrong.

It took him 38 minutes to get the car to this stage from fully assembled:

post-2707-0-44048800-1399571360.jpg

Amazing Really. At this point it also allowed Ricky to check the engine out as its been 5 years now since it was built!

Luckily for me, and I apparently have to understand just how LUCKY I was. The pistons and bores and the entire bottom end is undamaged. Its also in really really good shape. Fuelling has been excellent, the bores are all really smart. Still able to see the crosshatch honing!

post-2707-0-60194900-1399571813.jpg

So why have we lost all the compression, the answer lies in the head!

post-2707-0-47650000-1399571935.jpg

Shit :(

post-2707-0-01201200-1399571951.jpg

So, either the spark plug tip has failed and trashed a valve. OR. A Valve has failed and trashed the spark plug.

Now I have to admit I was feeling pretty shit at this point. After the car has ran mechanically perfect for over 5 years now engine wise...

The next port of call was, to see if the metal parts of the valve and plug had damaged the turbo charger, and sure enough...

post-2707-0-09773700-1399572318.jpg

Goosed Exhaust wheel on my turbo....

Nice.

Well that just about sums up my day, I feel chuffing brilliant. Ha.

Ricky has taken the head to the machine shop, that will be sorted tomorrow all being well. The entire car will be re-assembled im hoping for next week. Leaving me to decide what I want to do turbocharger wise.

Same Turbo, Same But Modified/Improved, Bigger?... etc

Ill keep you all posted, Priority at the moment is to try get the EP95 legal to drive to make Japfest, Ill keep you all posted!

It sucks to be Me!

Ill see you again soon, you loveable pain in the arse!

post-2707-0-22004000-1399573445.jpg

Mate! Really if im honest im starting to think you do it on purpose just to have an excuse for a hug, you could just ask like a normal guy instead?

1. You are crazy lucky it didnt kill the engine!

2. You will feel better after yet another annual hug from yours truely :D

Could of been much worse dude tbh.