★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you do have to have a rear camber modified axle.

coilys stay the same and dont need to be touched as they arent affected by the camber adjustment on the beam itself.

and as for testing its been 7 plus months of daily driving over speedbumps, up down kerbs countless times, motorway miles, big uk potholes (delightfull uk roads for ya ! ) and my car being 6 people up at one point after a lot of drunken mates needed collecting and taking home.

not to mention the tensile strength of 4 x 12mm bolts collectively

Edited by mikey4410

Hmmmmm it is interesting but I have to agree about the safety aspect but then again it depends how its done I suppose :/ either way amjad its looking good and as for the brick incident I know what you mean I managed to miss a badger crossing the road and hit it about 40 mph luckily I got away with it and no damage atall :D

Thanks guys!

Well my new Rainsport 3's came through, the detailing made me laugh haha! IMG-20140311-WA0007_zps36414808.jpg

The shape looks a lot better than the old model too, less "blocky/bulgy" each side and perfect on a 7J rim with 195 width.20140311_173354_zps9d74a3f5.jpg

And I then got them fitted to a pair of the OZs 20140311_173905_Ingrid_zps2d9489a4.jpg20140311_173913_Ingrid_zps10ef81a3.jpg

And I can't not post some cheeky camber shots! ;) 20140311_173815_Ingrid_zps3da8ffd5.jpg

20140311_173834_Ingrid_zps6d6a712a.jpg20140311_173841_Ingrid_zps8a9e64ce.jpg

I'd like to utilise the extra fitment now and get some spacers on! Before that though the arches will need a roll!

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Looks really good man especially with the camber, annoying how when you're in London I'm not! Lovely car as you know and yeah get some spacers on and roll the arches and it'll sit perfectly! Must handle better than my car now ;)

Looks really good man especially with the camber, annoying how when you're in London I'm not! Lovely car as you know and yeah get some spacers on and roll the arches and it'll sit perfectly! Must handle better than my car now ;)

Thanks bro! Yeah arches will need to be filled out soon! Haha we'll find out next time ;)

Sitting lovely now mate gunna look very aggresive when spacers are on nice to see something different once in a while everyone will be having this done shortly

Nice job.

James

Thanks man! Yours is looking beautiful on the TOM's, I knew they would suit it! :)

Need some fat rims now dude

I wanna keep the OZs as they're so light! Spacers should get them sitting the way I want them to while retaining the feel of a lightweight rim!

Amjad... In those pics it looks like you have WAY more camber on the passenger side then the drivers side...Unless its the pics... Id like ot see it on laser alignment equipment!Keep up the hard work!

Thanks Matt! It's just the pics, drivers side actually has 0.18 more negative camber, but yeah pretty much spot on!

Also your drivers rear tyre is on backwards

Don't worry dude, that was just a temp measure due to the blowouts! Had it flipped yesterday :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good mate :) will look even better when there spaced out!

How do the rainsport 3s compare to the 2s as im going to be needing tyres soon.

Cheers dude! They're really good so far, good wet and dry grip! Seem slightly more comfy than the URS2s but that might just be a placebo effect. Will give them a good test once I have a baffled sump on!

*Update*

So after setting alight about a litre of petrol, I burned the bushes out of my spare wishbones haha. You don't even wanna see the state they were in :p

They've been sent to be powdercoated and I should have them back in about 2 weeks!

Also ordered a second pair of URS3s for the other two OZs!

Next few weeks may prove to be quite expensive for the things I have planned, will update as necessary!

This weekend was taken in by a mini speaker project. Got some 6" Kevlar component fitted with crossovers and tweeters. Quite please with my efforts as it was my first time doing something like this :)20140331_113432_zps2131259c.jpg

They sound unreal! I've taken out the upgraded 4" dash speakers I had and even off the HU and no amp, the difference is crazy! Very worth the slight increase in weight and size!

Amjad

speakers are cool that what i want to do with a couple under seat subs :)

Thanks man, few sound upgrades make such a difference! :)

Been working in Cardiff the last 2 days and saw you driving this on Newport road yesterday and today. Looked and sounded well :thumbsup:

Ah thanks, small world! Where are you working?