looks and sounds good

quick question or page link for socks or anyone----what gearbox is it running?

i read through the tread a while back, so all the specific details slips my mind at the moment

3S-GTE if I remember correctly mate

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers Folks for the Kind Words.
Sounds like a plan to me Chand! :)

Right!
I've been waiting to drive it to give a decent feedback/updates to this thread so there isn't so many unknowns and hopefully answer as many of peoples questions as possible!
The base map was finished being done start of the week, so its been a pretty mad week/rush getting everything done and sorted.

On the base map the car made 317.1bhp / 235.0lb-ft at 8psi.
What I will say though is its NOTHING like a 4E-FTE. The delivery of the power and the power band is huge.

The off boost driving is brilliant, was overtaking in 5th on back-roads without even bringing it on boost.
From my experience, I'd put it on par with 4E/370bhp/25psi on my old set-up.
The Lift Engagement comes in at 4500rpm and the rev limit is set slightly lower at 8000rpm at the moment.

The gearbox is lovely. Syncros seem better. Going through the gears is fantastic.

I will try my best to capture the sound it makes on video for you guys to have a listen as soon as I can.
As for the sound. The screamer pipe, does not sound like a screamer at all. It just sounds like engine noise. Its very strange the first few times I heard it. Apparently due to it being so short makes it much raspier. The car is also immensely loud. Too loud if anything. My ears were ringing after Japfest and back when I finally put my head on a pillow. So much unknown though, we can tweak and tune these things to make it as usable on the road as possible. Turbo, cant hear it over the screamer but only running 8psi, your not going to!
Exhaust tone. The idle is lush. The amount of people asking me what cams were in it was amusing. Ok ill shut up on the noise front, Ill get you all some decent videos for youtube.

After a wash:
post-2707-0-68438100-1461584654_thumb.jp
Excuse the Lifted Bonnet (needed for the time being for temps) and also excuse the missing skirt caps!

When I got the car back I had some problems I needed to sort. The engine is lighter but the gearbox isn't.
There is a touch more weight on the front of the car and this is evident as soon as you come off the jack and look at the spring compression on the Meister's. I will be talking to Meister about stiffer front springs for it at some point. If anyone else has any ideas on a good starting point on set up's I'm all ears! To drive however, tbh Its not easy to realise there is more weigh on the front until you plant your foot the traction is unreal. I am looking forward to running semi slicks on it again now!

Japfest was brilliant. Great to see so many faces, New and Old.
UKSO Stand looked superb, the cars looked in much better condition then mine!
Most of them had paint! lol. (my rear bumper needs painting)

After the period of time ive been without mine I look forward to dialling it in! Getting the bodywork up to a level im satisfied with and going from there!
Then ill get Ricky to turn it up properly and see what a 2zz can do!

Few pics from JF...

post-2707-0-68824600-1461584742_thumb.jp

post-2707-0-33264800-1461584750_thumb.jp

To Do List:

Replace French PAS Pump with a New One. (Faulty 2nd hand one)
Program Race-Dash In.
Fabricate New TB Lever. To Smoothen & Soften the Pedal.
Modify the Glovebox to allow room from ECU, all Fuses and Relays.

Clean the back of the car out and get some paint and detailing work done!

Custom Bonnet. etc

So there we go, cars home.

As always big thanks to the gang at Race-Tech Motorsport. They've done a sterling job as always!

I've read your thread countless times mate and finally seeing the car at japfest was a treat. What an animal it is. Didn't see you about wanted to chat to you about it but there's always next time haha. I had my glanza there too unfortunately I couldn't get on the ukso stand! Anyways mate keep it the great work look forward to updates!

Edited by sam_glanza_v